lapband over RNY

grandsonx2
on 5/15/08 9:49 am - TN
just wondering how anyone whom has had a lapband placed over their RNY is doing ? are you happy with it? also, how have you been doing with weightloss ? I appreciate any help you can give me!    Thanks so much!          
Paula Prichard
on 5/16/08 9:06 am - Kingman, AZ
I had the Lapband placed over my RNY pouch in November of 2006. I regret it every day. My pouch was not enlarged, only the stoma....so a surgeon I saw last week for a second revision said that the band should not be placed on the pouch unless it is enlarged. I started at 261 and have not lost 15 pounds yet. What I did lose was totally because I've started working out pretty hard and I throw up about 4 times a week. If I am unfilled any less it doesn't work, but my body hates the band and the port bothers me. I suggest a DS or have more intestine bypassed (I had a proximal and am revising to a distal on June 2). Good luck!

Open RNY 1/24/02               First Post-op Baby: Roman Michael 3/29/06                                    
TT w/ Hernia Repair 7/03     Second Post-op Baby: Aurora Marie 1/15/08
LapBand on Pouch 11/06     Breast Reduction/Thigh Lipo/Brachioplasty 6/08
grandsonx2
on 5/16/08 9:23 am - TN
Hey Paula, thanks for letting me know how it was going, I have looked into the DS, but keep going back and forth between the band and the DS, can you tell me what a proximal is, and is it any kind of malabsorption? who is doing your DS? the surgeon that I have spoke with does not want to do a full DS, I weigh around 205, and also I can't afford to go out of state. there are a few of the DS dr's that I have read about that had been doing the DS, but now are not, have you heard anything about why they are not doing them?        Thanks
Most Active