Stomaphyx weight update

pepsi98
on 6/20/08 7:01 am - Norwich, CT
Read through the posts...i had it and lost 17 lbs and promptly gained it all back.  No restriction...give it a 2nd thought!!!
 "The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

cheyenne16
on 7/12/08 1:48 am - Post Falls, ID

How funny!  That's EXACTLY what I did - I lost 17 lbs. and then promptly gained it all back.

Doing Atkins (high protein, low carb) for 3 months has taken off 19 lbs. and I'm within 10-12 pounds of my goal weight however.  I've found some great recipes and ideas that keep me on track and I don't feel deprived or like I'm missing out on anything.  Muffins made with Flax Seed meal like Caramel Pecan, Blueberry, Chocolate Brownie or Banana Walnut are jut a few of them.  I also make lasagna from the Suzanne Somers recipe, changing it up a bit and you wouldn't know that it's not normal lasagna. 

We have to take control of our own lives and I've learned not to jump again at the next quick fix.  I wasted all that money on Stomaphyx for nothing and I'm not happy about it. 

cheyenne16
on 7/12/08 1:45 am - Post Falls, ID

How are you doing after your Stomaphyx procedure?  How much have you lost and do you still feel a restriction?

pepsi98
on 7/12/08 6:41 am - Norwich, CT

I have no restriction and am now awaiting approval for a lap band over my old gastric stapling.  I joined WW last Saturday...lost 3 lbs this week.  I will do this for as long as I need to.  Maybe I too need to stop looking around for new procedures and just follow a diet...it's that easy and it's just that Hard!!  

"The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

cheyenne16
on 7/12/08 7:18 am - Post Falls, ID

If you can get your insurance to pay for a lap band over your gastric then I would say "go for it".  My local surgeon wanted me to do a lap band instead of Stomaphyx but I thought I knew better.  Now he's doing Stomaphyx also - go figure.  My insurance won't pay for anything weight related and since I'm 5' 7" tall and 142 right now, I'm just 10-12 pounds from my goal and there is no sense in doing anything else.  I need to just stick to high protein, low carb indefinately.

Cheyenne

ballerina2
on 7/27/08 12:00 pm
I had my Stomaphyx with Dr. Pleatman in Michigan and I'm having great results.   I have restriction and more importantly I am not at all hungry.  I could not stay on any type of food plan in the past since I was always hungry.. 

Now I am never hungry. I am satisfied with small amounts of food.

The whole procedure was 5,000 .  It was the best price out of all the Doctor's I researched.  I am following the dietary restrictions exactly. 

I want this to work. 

cheyenne16
on 7/28/08 12:47 pm - Post Falls, ID
Since it's only been about 10 days or so since your procedure there is restriction but everyone I know that's had Stomaphyx lost that restriction within a matter of months.  Everyone I know lost weight and gained it right back.  I have never heard of one person yet that this procedure has been successful for. 
Dee J.
on 8/17/08 10:20 am - NYC, NY
Hello Everyone,,
I am having my Stomaphyx on August 22nd in NY. My insurance covered the cost of the prodecudre, thank God for that!!....I wonder did anyone have to go on the Opti-Fast program prior to the procedure?
goodhealth
on 7/28/08 6:39 am - rosedale, NY
Hi Mark,
I just had the procedure done on this past Friday (July 25, 2008).  Can you give me any tips? How long did you stay on liquids and did you drink coffee?
Valerie
cheyenne16
on 7/28/08 12:49 pm - Post Falls, ID
He just had it done 10 days ago.
I had mine done last year, did liquids for one month and lost 17 lbs. but then it came right back on after I started eating again.
Anyone can lose weight doing liquids for 30 days.
I know a LOT of people who have had Stomaphyx and it did not work for any of them, including myself.

Most Active