Stomaphyx weight update

Mark M.
on 5/14/08 11:18 pm - Tinley Park, IL
I am two weeks out today from my Stomaphyx procedure with Dr. Pleatman in Michigan.  I have lost 15 pounds.  I intend to stay on the liquid phase of the diet another two weeks.  I will let you know how that ends up!  So far so good. Mark
Angela M.
on 5/14/08 11:21 pm - Vicksburg , MS
Revision on 06/24/10 with
Good for you Mark!  I hope your success continues!

317/287/170

Duval Diva
on 5/14/08 11:33 pm - JACKSONVILLE, FL
That is Great i go tomorrow for mine and i hope it will help me did they go down your throat?
Mark M.
on 5/14/08 11:39 pm - Tinley Park, IL
They most certainly did!
Duval Diva
on 5/14/08 11:41 pm - JACKSONVILLE, FL
how long were you off from work i hope at least 5 days i do an lots of talking on the phone at work need an rest
Angela M.
on 5/14/08 11:46 pm - Vicksburg , MS
Revision on 06/24/10 with
Hey there....I did not know you were getting the Stomaphyx!  Is your insurance paying for it?

317/287/170

Mark M.
on 5/14/08 11:52 pm - Tinley Park, IL
To answer the last two posts, I had the procedure done on a Thursday and definately needed Friday off, I felt better about 2pm on the Saturday after the procedure.  And I paid out of pocket, Pleatman was $5,000 for everything and was by far the cheapest around.  My original RNY surgeon was trained in it but hadn't started doing it and I was quoted between $10 and $15 thousand from his office, made the decision easier.  Pleatman is a very competent surgeon.
Duval Diva
on 5/15/08 12:21 am - JACKSONVILLE, FL
yes my Insurance is paying co-pay 25.00 i have Tri-care
lizzib4u
on 5/27/08 1:59 pm - NH
     Hi, I am curious what your doctor used for the billing code. My  insuance said they may consider it, but they needed to have a billing code. So far, they don't seem to be able to give me an answer. I was told it was not covered by most insurance.  Can you get us all that code number.  Thanks Lizzi.
gparsons
on 6/5/08 5:48 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hey there! I am tricare prime and I have been told by my surgeons office that they cant get an answer - so I need to plan on being a self pay - which I am ok with - but dang, would prefer to spend 9.5k on new clothes!!!! Any tips or contacts at tricare I should try? Thank you for your help!
Most Active