MUST SEE ISSUE of BEYOND CHANGE about wt regain after WLS!!!

jamiecatlady5
on 5/14/08 10:48 am - UPSTATE, NY
http://www.beyondchange-obesity.com/
I have always recommended this publication but after finishing last night the latest issue I have to share, it was totally dedicated to wt regain after wls and was awesome! If you do not subscribe please consider and ask for this issue!!!!
*discaimer I get no profits from promoting, I am doing so just becaue I am a VERY satisfied customer!!
Take Care,
Jamie Ellis RN MS NPP
100cm proximal Lap RNY 10/9/02 Dr. Singh Albany, NY
320(preop)/163(lowest/185(current) 5'9'' (lost 45# before surgery)
Plastics 6/9/04 & 11/11/2005 Dr. King www.albanyplasticsurgeons.com
http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/jamiecatlady5/
"Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect, it just means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections!"
Take Care,
Jamie Ellis RN MS NPP

320(preop)/163(lowest)/185(current)  5'9'' (lost 45# before surgery)
Plastics 6/9/04 & 11/11/2005  Dr. King
www.albanyplasticsurgeons.com
"Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect, it just means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections!"
suzikew
on 5/15/08 5:42 pm - Northern, Canada
Thanks for the info.  I have just emailed them to see if i can get a copy.
jamiecatlady5
on 5/15/08 8:58 pm - UPSTATE, NY
suzikew
Great, back issues are $4, the yearly subscription is so worth the $25! Jamie
Take Care,
Jamie Ellis RN MS NPP

suzikew
on 5/16/08 4:03 am - Northern, Canada
Yes, i have seen previous issues of this newsletter.  I had one that talked about the neuropsychology of binge eating from a few years back and it was goo.  I did try to email them last night but the email didn't go thru because their mailbox was full.  I will keep trying.
jamiecatlady5
on 5/16/08 8:15 am - UPSTATE, NY
David Smiertka
Is who I emailed....
Jamie
Take Care,
Jamie Ellis RN MS NPP

suzikew
on 5/16/08 10:05 am - Northern, Canada
I guess me email did finally get thru because I got an email from this guy today.  Thanks for your help and letting us know about this.
jamiecatlady5
on 5/17/08 12:07 pm - UPSTATE, NY
AWESOME! You are Welcome!
Take Care,
Jamie Ellis RN MS NPP

melati
on 5/18/08 10:19 pm - Miami, FL
So--how do we get this issue--do we subscribe or ask for the back copy?
jamiecatlady5
on 5/18/08 10:26 pm - UPSTATE, NY
Personally I woould subscribe and ask for my first isue to be the May edition on the regain! but back issues are only $4 each...the subscription is yearly $25 only for monthly paper!
Your choice, email them:
David Smiertka
[email protected]

I have the list of back issues available if you desire email me I can send the word documents!
[email protected]
Take Care,
Jamie Ellis RN MS NPP

jamiecatlady5
on 5/18/08 10:31 pm - UPSTATE, NY

Beyond Change

Beyond Change is a monthly newspaper with the goal to inform, support, encourage and inspire patients who have had or are considering bariatric (obesity) surgery or medical treatment for the disease of obesity. Each month, leading professionals in the field of bariatrics contribute extremely useful articles to aid in both research and support. 

MEDICAL MATTERS is written in language for the lay person by physicians/surgeons regarding various aspects of obesity and obesity surgery.

OBESITY RESEARCH has the latest information regarding the disease of obesity and its related conditions.

NUTRITION AND EXERCISE articles are specialized for the bariatric patient.

PSYCHOLOGICALLY SPEAKING articles are focused on the bariatric patient to provide information relative to their struggle with obesity.

GREAT ESCAPE articles are written by individuals who have been successful in their battle with obesity.  (We encourage our readers to submit articles to that they may inspire others)

A subscription to BEYOND CHANGE may be ordered using this form.  Simply make a check or money order, in the amount of $25, payable to J.K.S. Associates, L.L.C. for a one year subscription.  Mail your check to: J.K.S. Associates, L.L.C.3100 Cross Creek Pkwy., Suite 160Auburn Hills, MI  48326 You may also subscribe on line at:  www.beyondchange-obesity.com  NAME:________________________________________ ADDRESS:_____________________________________ CITY, STATE:__________________________________ 

ZIP:___________________________________________

Beyond Change

Past Monthly Issues

Past issues of Beyond Change are available for $4.00 each whi*****ludes postage and handling.  Please indicate what past issue(s) you want and send your name and address with your check made payable to: JKS Associates, L.L.C., 3100 Cross Creek Pkwy., Suite 160, Auburn Hills, MI  48326 

November – 1999

The Obese Are Victims Not Perpetrators – George S.M. Cowan Jr., M.D.Obesity Research – What We Need To Know – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Planning a Holiday BanquetNutrition – Am I Going Bald? – Wendy Smith, M.M.Sc., R.D.L.D.Exercise – Why Because We Can – Julie A. Hughes, Physical TherapistReclaiming Response – Ability – John Quarton, Ph.D.Plastic Surgery – The Icing on the Cake – Steven Stein, M.D.Having Fun with a 5K or 10K run – Barbara Metcalf, RN 

December – 1999

Bariatric Support Group’s – A Surgeon’s Perspective – Robert E. Brolin, M.D.Carbohydrate Craving-It’s Role in Weight Gain and Obesity – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Taking a Stand on Good Posture – Julie A. Hughes, Physical TherapistA Dietician’s Tips for Holiday Parties and Snacking – Leslie Patterson, MS RD, L.D.About the Vertical Banded GastroplastyPsychologically Speaking-Holiday Hints – Melodie Moorehead, Ph.D. 

January – 2000

No Longer Available 

February – 2000

Hypertension and Morbid Obesity – Alex C. Macgregor, M.D., FACSThe Role of One’s Mood on Weight Gain & Overall Health – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Psychologically Speaking - MoodFood, Hopes, Dreams and Fears – Dr. Joan Di GregorioDoes Exercise Increase My Energy Level – Erin Nelson, RN, BA, MSHelping Your Overweight ChildBariatric Surgery Patient’s Declaration – George S.M. Cowan, Jr., M.D.Vitamins, Sources, Amounts & Important Issues – Leslie Patterson, MS, RD, LD, CNSDAbout the Distal Gastric Bypass/Duodenal Switch 

March – 2000

Health Benefits and Risks of Weight Loss – George L. Blackburn, M.D., Ph.D.Role of Psychological Distress in the Pathogenesis of Disease – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Choosing a Safe Weight Loss ProgramEating Out – Louis Hanlon, R.D., M.S.A.Body Mass Index – Julie E. Kulesza, RN, A.D.N., B.A.Psychologically Speaking – Dr. Joan Di GregorioYou Don’t Have to “Exercise” – Erin Nelson, RN, B.A., MSHealthy Changes for a Child’s Eating and Activity HabitsAbout the Lap-Band Adjustable Gastric Banding System 

April – 2000

Obesity and Obstructive Sleep Apnea – Robin Elkus, M.D. A.C.P.Obesity ‘Begets’ Obesity – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Guiding Principles for Significant Others – George Cowan, Jr., M.D.So You Want Insurance To Cover Obesity Surgery – Walter Lindstrom, Esq.Focus on Fats – Leslie Patterson, MS, RD, LD, CNSDPsychologically Speaking – Dr. Joan Di GregorioPreparing For Exercise – Leslie Patterson, RN, BA, MSAbout the Laporoscopic Bariatric Surgery 

May – 2000

Losing Weight While Gaining a Healthy Lifestyle – Ali Abbasi, M.D.& Carol Wilkinson, RNObesity and Aging – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.The ‘Label’ Morbid Obesity – Lana Boutacoff, Ph.D., William Rupp, M.D., Walter Lindstrom, Esq.Exercise and Calories – Erin Nelson, RN, MSTrace Minerals – A Look at Zinc and Copper – Leslie Patterson, MS, RD, LD, CNSD 

June – 2000

Prejudicial Attitudes – Kenneth J. Welker, M.D.Oxidative Stress and Obesity – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Gallstones – When Stones Aren’t DiamondsThe ‘Label’ Morbid Obesity (Part 2) – Lana Boutacoff, Ph.D., William Rupp, M.D., Joyce Thompson, R.N.ObesityHelp.com – Eric KleinDecreasing Body Fat by Resistance Training – Erin Nelson, RN, MSHere’s The Scoop on Sugar – Georgeann Mallory, RDPants Across America – Raising Public Awareness of the Needs of the Morbidly Obese – Walter Lindstrom, Esq. July-2000No Longer Available 

August – 2000

Is This (Surgery) Your Final Answer – Lawrence S. Barzune, M.D.Killer Fat – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Patient Power – Patty Rodgers, RN., BSNA Symbol To Wear – George S.M. Cowan Jr., M.D.The Treadmill – Erin Nelson, RN, MSMy Great Escape Contest Winner – Alice (Blanche) Zanders 

September – 2000

Disease of Morbid Obesity-Dispelling a Destructive Myth – J.K. Champion, M.D.Obesity and Diabetes – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Patient Power – A Dirty Word – Patty Rodgers, RN, BSNMoodFood Hopes and Dreams – Dr. Joan Di GregorioPsychologically Speaking – Melodie K. Moorhead, Ph.D.Arthritis and Exercise – Erin Nelson, RN, MSQuestions on Nutrition – Louise Hanlon, RD, MSA 

October – 2000

Should I Brave the Snow To Get To My Appointment? – Laurie Spaulding, M.D.Stealing Our Children’s Youth, Innocence and Health – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.I’ve Had Surgery, Now What? – Debra Mitchell, CEO, F.L.E.X. for LifeGastric Bypass Roller Coaster – Patty Rodgers, R.N., BSNExercise Misconceptions – Erin Nelson, R.N., MSMoodFood, Hopes and Dreams – Joan Di Gregorio, Ph.D.

November – 2000

Calcium and Bone Strength – Edward E. Mason, M.D., Ph.D.Causes of Childhood Obesity – Cynthia K. Buffington, Ph. D.Online for Everyone – Carnie WilsonAnnual Rituals – Patty Frankhouser, R.N., BSNHeart Disease and Exercise – Erin Nelson, R.N., MSVitamin D Status in Gastric Bypass Patients – Mark Jaroch, M.D. 

December – 2000

Asthma and Obesity – Alex M.C. Macgregor, M.D., FACSChildhood Obesity Treatments – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Patient Power – Patty Rodgers, R.N.Asthma and Exercise – Erin Nelson, R.N., MSMoodFood Hopes and Dreams – Dr. Joan Di GregorioProtein, The Building Blocks of Life – Sally Myers, RD, CPT 

January – 2001

Bumps along The Road To Happiness – David E. Greenbaum, M.D.Is Obesity Life-Threatening? – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Adrenaline – Confidence or Insanity? – Patty Rodgers, RNExercise Excuses – Erin Nelson, RN, MSOur Own Symbol To Wear – Melodie Moorehead, Ph.D.How To Get Your Kids To Eat Right – Sally Myers, RD, CPT 

February – 2001

With A Grain of Salt – Milton L. Owens, M.D., FACSDoes Obesity Surgery Outweigh the Risk? – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Build A Bridge and Get Over It – Patty Rodgers, RNMore Than The Blues – Erin Nelson, RN, MSThe Vertical Banded GastroplastyGrandmother’s Rules – Edward J. Waits, M.D.What Your Blood Test Results Can Mean 

March – 2001

Babies and Bariatrics – Rafael Alvarez-Cordero, M.D., FACSAnti-Obesity Prescriptions – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Bariatric Kids – Patty Rodgers, RNFitness Rat Facts – Erin Nelson, RN, MSThe Roux-en-Y Gastric BypassChildren and Healthy Habits – Sally Myers, RD, CPT 

April – 2001

The ASBS Annual Conference – Edward E. Mason, M.D.Non-Prescription Obesity Products – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.I Can Sit In A Booth – Patty Rodgers, RNThe Last Supper, Gaye Andrews. Ph.D., LMFTExercise Fitness Terminology – Erin Nelson, RN, MSThe Lap Band Adjustable Gastric Banding SystemDietary FiberDealing With Criticism, Dan Staso, Ph.D. 

May – 2001

Breathing Problems Associated with Severe Obesity – Harvey J. Sugarman & David M. HumeNon-Prescription Obesity Drugs – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Bariatric Matrimony – Patty Rodgers, RNDepression-A Way Out – Gaye Andrews, Ph.D., LMFTDiabetes and Exercise – Erin Nelson, RN, MSDistal Gastric Bypass/Duodenal SwitchWhat’s The Deal With Carbohydrates? – Mark T. Jaroch, M.D., FACS 

June – 2001

Dysfunctional Eating – George S.M. Cowan, Jr. M.D.The Role of One’s Mood on weight Gain and Overall Health – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Self-Esteem: A Picture For Success in the New Millenium – Gaye Andrews, Ph.D., LMFTMe. Exercise? Never! – Erin Nelson, RN, MSAbout the Laparoscopic Bariatric SurgeryFactoring Empathy into the Obesity Treatment Equation – Susan Morreale, CHES 

July – 2001

A Tribute to Allied Health Sciences – Chad Halverson, M.D.Native Knowledge of Environmental Factors of Obesity – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Facing It – My Life With Obesity Surgery – Joan Di Gregorio, Ph.D.Step By Step – A Walking Program – Erin Nelson, RN., MSThe Epidemic of Obesity – The NIH

August – 2001

Management of the Gallbladder in Bariatric Surgery – Dennis C. Smith, Jr., M.D., FACSIs Obesity Caused By a Virus? – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Facing It – My Life With Obesity Surgery, Pt2 – Joan Di Gregorio, Ph.D.Exercise Questions and Answers – Erin Nelson, RN, MSWe Must Softly Speak Up – Bryan G. Woodward, MPH, LCEPDiscipline – Patty Rogers, RN 

September – 2001

Revisional Surgery – Janey S. Pratt, M.D.Dietary Calcium and Weight Loss – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Habits That Can Become Second Nature – Sally Myers, RD, CPTYour Don’t Have To Exercise – Erin Nelson, RN, MSSurgery Mindset – With A Nutrition Spin – Bryan G. Woodward, MPH, LCEPThe Complete Weight Loss Success Story – Teri Kai Holtzclaw, Ph.D. October – 2001Losing Weight While Gaining A Healthy Lifestyle – Ali Abbasi, M.D., FACP, CRCP(C), FACEDietary Fiber – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Benefits of Fiber – Sally Myers, RD, CPTExercising In Hot Weather – Erin Nelson, R.N., MSAttitudes – Gaye Andrews, Ph.D. November – 2001Importance of Education – Edward Mason, M.D.Filling Out By Eating Out – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Healthy Eating – Laura Walsh-Sponaugle, RD, LDExercise: An Important Part Of Your Total Approach To Health – Dan HoustonStress – Gaye Andrews, Ph.D. December -2001Pre-Op Education Is Very Beneficial – Louis Michael Howell, M.D.Turning On The TV Turns On The Pounds, Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Vitamin D Status In Gastric Bypass Patients – Mark T. Jaroch, M.D.Exercising In Cold Weather – Erin Nelson, RN, MSWhen The Honeymoon Is Over – Gaye Andrews, Ph.D.Why Do We Follow-Up – Patty Heniser, RN January – 2002The Future Of Bariatric Surgery – Kenneth B. Jones, M.D., FACSObesity Begets Obesity – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.What Condition Is Your Nutrition In – Sally Myers, RD, CPTHow Much Do You Know – Erin Nelson, RN, MSSatisfying Our Need To Belong, Gaye Andrews, Ph.D. February – 2002Bariatric Support Groups – A Surgeons Perspective – Robert E. Brolin, M.D.Role Of Psychological Distress In The Pathogeneses Of Disease II – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Chocolate Is A Vegetable, Isn’t It? – Sally Myers, RD, CPTStarting Your Support Group – Barbara Metcalf, RNTaking A Stand On Good Posture – Julie HughesFinding Your Sweet Spot – Carol Signore, MAT, MS, LMFTFalling Off The Wagon – Patty Heniser, RN March – 2002Prejudicial Attitudes – Kenneth J. Welker, M.D.The Anti-Obesity Actions of Exercise - Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Patient Compliance and Vitamin Supplements – Barbara Thompson, MLSKid Fitness – Erin Nelson, RN, MSCompulsive Overeating – Gaye Andrews, Ph.D., M.F.C.C. April – 2002The Commercialization of Bariatric Surgery – Dennis C. Smith, Jr., MD, FACSLosing Fat – Not Lean Tissue – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Dietary Supplements – Sally Myers, RD, CPTExercise In The Promotion And Maintenance of Surgical Weight Loss – Justine Clark, Exercise PhysiologistWeight Loss Surgery Is A Hit! – Weight Loss Maintenance Is A Process – Teri Kai Holtzclaw, Ph.D.The Role of Omega Fats In Your Mental Health – Gregory D’Augustine, MDLean Body Mass – Patty Heniser, RN May – 2002Minimally Invasive Surgery for Obesity – The Reality- Brian B. Quebbemann, MD, FACSThe Health Consequences of Childhood Obesity – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Understanding Your SMAC ReportWalking – A Step In The Right DirectionAwareness Is Half The Weight – Teri Kai Holtzclaw, Ph.D.Choosing A Safe Weight Loss Program June – 2002  SPECIAL ISSUEPreventing & Treating Obesity in Children – Rebecca Moran, M.D.Childhood Obesity Treatments – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Sizing Up Kid’s Nutrition & Fitness – Inter. Food Info. CouncilPromoting Physical Activity & Exercise Among Our Children – Liane M. SummerfieldOur Obese Children Are Starving – Teri Kai Holtzclaw, Ph.D.Helping Children Live Healthy, Happy Lives – Gaye Andrews, Ph.D., LMFTPlay Time – Justine Clark, Exercise PhysiologistAre Soft Drinks Really To Blame? – Ashlee DunstonChildren & Healthy Habits – Sally Myers, RD, CPTBariatric Surgery in the Pediatric Patient – Victor F. Garcia, M.D.   July – 2002Lymphedema & Cellulitis in Sever Obesity – Boyd E. Terry, M.D.Nutrient Deficiencies & Health Consequences – Part 1 – Gastric Rest. Surgeries – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Reactive and Fasting Hypoglycemia – Sally Myers, RD, CPTPreparing for Exercise – Erin Nelson, RN, MS, Exercise ScientistWhy Are Psychological Support Svcs. An Important Part of your Bariatric Program? – Dr. Michael S. Parish, Psy.D August – 2002A History of the Operations for Morbid Obesity – Mervyn Deitel, M.D.Nutrient Deficiencies & Health Consequences – Part II – Gastric Bypass & Duodenal Switch-Cynthia Buffington, Ph.DSuccess IS A Lifestyle - Teri Kai Holtzclaw, Ph.D.Prevalence Statistics Related To Overweight & Obesity – National Institute of Health September – 2002Guiding Principles for Significant Others – George Cowan, M.D.Cobwebs on the Ceiling – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Vitamin B12 – Sally Myers, RD, CPTChanges – Gaye Andrews, Ph.D., M.F.C.C.Survey Results – Beyond Change StaffTill Death Do Us Part – Rev. Mike Warthen October – 2002Bypass, Diabetes & Ulcers – Edward E. Mason, M.D., Ph.D.Why Obese Children Become Obese Adults – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Calcium – Sally Myers, RD, CPTBariatric Surgery Fear Factors – Carol Signore, MAT, MS, LMFT November – 2002What To Look For When You Shop For a Vitamin - Jacqueline Jacques, N.D.Ghrelin: It’s Role in Obesity and Response to Gastric Bypass – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Iron Issues after Malabsorptive Bariatric Surgeries – Sally Myers, RD, CPTWeight Loss Surgery – An Inside Look – Carol Signore, MAT, MS, LMFTStrategies for Surviving the Holidays – Louise Hanlon, R.D., M.S.A.Understanding How Anxiety Affects Eating Behaviors – Teri Kai Holtzclaw, Ph.D. December – 2002What’s In A Name – Joseph Kamelgard, M.D., F.A.C.S.Turning in the TV Turns on The Pounds – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.A Dietician’s Tips for Holiday Parties and Snacking – Leslie Patterson-Jaroch MD, RD, CD, CNSDUnderstanding How Anxiety Affects Eating Behaviors Part II – Teri Kai Holtzclaw, Ph.D.The Joy of Fearing Alcohol After Gastric Bypass Surgery, Teri Kai Holtzclaw, Ph.D January – 2003Filling the Void – Dealing with Emotional Hunger – J.K.Champion, M.D. & Susan ChampionObesity Trends – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.The Mighty Mineral Zinc – Sally Myers, RD, CPTPreparing for Exercise – Erin Nelson, RN, BA, MS Exercise ScientistShort-Term Gratification Expert or Long-Term Maintenance Novice – Teri Kai Holtzclaw, Ph.D. February – 2003Anesthesia and the Morbidle Obese Undergoing Gastric Bypass Surgery – Lavonda C. Armsttong, M.D.Morbid Obesity – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.We, The Obese Minded Individuals, Part 1 – Teri Kai Holtzclaw, Ph.D.Fat Soluble Vitamin Absorption – Sally Myers, RD, CPTThe Shape of Fitness – Susan Arbogast, M.S., P.T. March – 2003Iron Before and After Operations for Obesity – Edward E. Mason, M.D., Ph.D.Fat and Healthy? – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.We, The Obese Minded Individuals – Part 2 – Teri Kai Holtzclaw, Ph.D.Working with Bariatric Patients – A 27 year perspective – Eva M. Rodriguez April – 2003Channel One’s Influence on Obesity – Sandra MasonLow Dietary Fiber Causes Obesity – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.“I Can’t Help It – The Truck Keeps Rolling Backwards” – Teri Kai Holtzclaw, Ph.D.Vitamin D – Sally Myers, RD, CPT May-2003The Duodenal Switch – Aniceto Baltasar, M.D.The Resurrection of Beriberi – Cynthia Buiffington, Ph.D.Conditioning Our Thoughts To Suit Our Bodies – Teri Kai Holtzclaw, Ph.D.Vitamins E & K – Sally Myers, RD, CPT  Jun-2003Bariatric Week in Boston – George L. Blackburn, M.D., Ph.D.Bariatric Surgery – A “Tool” in the Treatment of the Disease of Obesity – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Lessons in Renewal – Teri Kai Holtzclaw, Ph.D.Gas and Odor Issues – Sally Mers, RD, CPTKeep Your Energy Levels at Their Peak – Dan Houston  Jul-2003Revisional Weight Loss Surgery – Ara Keshishian, M.D., F.A.C.SPrecautions When Using Alocohol After Baritric Surgery – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Bariatric Body Image – Teri Kai Holtzclaw, Ph.D.Optimal Exercise and Essential Fatty Acids – Dan Houston Aug-2003Interview With a Surgeon – William Peters, D.O.Food Addiction - Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Addicted to Food? – Not Me! – Teri Kai Holtzclaw, Ph.d.Mercury in Fish, Making and Informed Choice – Sally Myers, RD, CPTSep-2003How To Choose A Bariatric Surgeon – C. Kenneth Mitchell, Jr., M.D., F.A.C.S.Why Obese Children Become Obese Adults – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Take Time for a Good Lunch – Nancy Clark, MS, RDWhat IS Self-Esteem Anyway – Teri Kai Holtzclaw, Ph.D. Oct-2003Some Facts About Iron – Jacqueline Jacques, NDTurning on the TV Turns on the Pounds – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Fat and Female – Does It Make a Difference? – Teri Kai Holtzclaw, Ph.D.The Power of Goal Setting – Dan HoustonProtein – The Building Block of Life – Sally Myers, RD, CPT Nov – 2003From My Point of View – Alex M.C. MacGregor, M.D., F.A.C.S.Effects of Preoperative Exercise on Surgical Complications & Recovery – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Falling off the Face of Follow-Up – Teri Kai Holtzclaw, Ph.D.Enjoying a Healthy Weight, Gaye Andrews, Ph.D., LMFT & Diane LeMont, Ph.D.Pregnancy After Rous-en-Y Gastric Bypass – Sally Myers, RD, CPTJust Get Moving, Justine Clark StraussHydration & Exercise, Dan Houston Dec-2003Body Contouring After Gastric Bypass Surgery – Don Revis Jr., M.D., F.A.C.S.More on the Benefits of Exercise: It’s “Anti-Fat Action – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.A Personal Message to the Ones who are Silent Among Us – Teri Kai Holtzclaw, Ph.D.What is Life Coaching? – Dave Turo-Shields, ACSW, LCSWPotassium – Sally Myers, RD, CPT Jan-2004Vitamin D – The Misunderstood Nutrient – Jacqueline Jacques, NDIs it Dangerous for Women Who Have Had Bariatric Surgery to Become Pregnant? – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Depression Becomes You – Dave Turo-Shields, ACSW, LCSW“I Feel so Out of Control…” – Carol Signore, MAT, MS, LMFTAthletic Shoes – Finding a Good Match – Dan Houston  Feb-2004Implantable Gastric Stimulation for the Treatment of Severe Obesity – Scott Shikora, M.D., F.A.C.S.The High Risks of Abdominal Fat Distribution – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.A New Years Resolution – Yes or No? – Dave Turo-Shields, ACSW, LSCWNutritionally Speaking About Exercise – Sally Meres, RD, CPTSports Drinks – Dan Houston Mar-2004Too Much of a Good Thing – Jacqueline Jacques, ND“Why Did The Lose More Weight Than Me?” – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Fattitudes – Sally Myers, RD, CPTLove Lesson Number One – Teri Kai Holtzclaw, Ph.D. Apr-2004Calcium and Bone Strength – Edward E. Mason, M.D., Ph.D.Obesity: Killer at Large – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.What Condition is Your Nutrition In – Sally Myers, RD, CPTFaith or Fear? – Teri Kai Holtzclaw, Ph.D. May-2004Designate Obesity as a Disease – L. Khaodhiar, M.D. George L. Blackburn, M.D., Ph.D.Arresting the Disease of Obesity with Bariatric Surgery – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.The Role of the Registered Dietitian in Bariatric Surgery Management – Sally Myers, RD, CPTEncouraging a Positive Body Image Following Weight Loss Surgery – PT1 – Gaye Andrews, Ph.D., LMFT Jun-2004Management of the Gallbladder in Bariatric Surgery – Dennis C. Smith, Jr., M.D., F.A.C.S.What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Arthritis & Exercise – Erin Nelson, RN, MSInsurance and Denials – Gary Viscio, Esq.When Are We Going To Stop Pretending Obesity IS A Strictly Physical Issue – Teri Kai Holtzclaw, Ph.D. Jul-2004What are the Advatages and Disadvantages of Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.d.Arthritis and Exercise – Erin Nelson, RN, MSWhen are we Going To Stop Pretending Obesity is Strictly a Physical Issue? – Teri Kai Holtzclaw, Ph.D.Insurance and Denials, Gary Viscio, Esq. Aug-2004Ethnic Differences in Obesity and Weight Loss Success – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Vitamin A and Beta-Carotene – Sally Myers, RD, CPTWhy Did God Make People Fat? – Teri Kai Holtzclaw, Ph.D.Water Walking – Edward Waits, M.D. Sep-2004How the Small Gastric Pouch Works to Create Weight Loss – Lathan Flanagan Jr., M.D.Precautions When Using Alchohol After Bariatric Surgery – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Small Bites – Big Calories – Sally Myer, RD, CPTThe Truth About Re-Gain – Carol Signore, MAT, MS, LMFT Oct-2004Bariatric Surgery in the Pediatric Patient – Victor F. Garcia, M.D.Hurrican Frances and the Adjustable Gastric Band – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.The ABC’s of Food Label Dates – Sally Myers, RD, CPTA Social Fitness Program for Patients – Teri Kai Holtzclaw, Ph.D. Nov-2004The Future of Bariatric Surgery – Edward E. Mason, M.D., Ph.D.Does Morbid Obesity Begin in Childhood? – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Understanding Nutrition – Sheryl Williams, Fitness SpecialistPostoperative Weight Regain – Teri Kai Holtzclaw, Ph.D. Dec-2004Insurance for Weight Loss Surgery – Robert Brolin, M.D.Bariatric Beriberi – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Gout – Sally Myers, RD, CPT“You’ve Lost it and I’m not Just Talking about Weight” – Teri Kai Holtzclaw, Ph.D. Jan – 2005Comments on Medical Malpractice – David Greenbaum, M.D.Are You Overeating to Satisfy Nutrient Deficiencies? – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Vitamin B12 – Sally Myers, RD, CPTMy Broken Vase – Teri Kai Holtzclaw, Ph.D.What is Real Hunger? – Caryl Ehrich Feb-2005Caveat Emptor – Joseph Kamelgard, M.D. F.A.C.S.The Importance of Dietary Calcium in Reducing Fat and Preventing Obesity – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Controversial Vitamin C – Sally Myers, RD, CPTSwapping Recipes for Success – Teri Kai Holtzclaw, Ph.D.About the Surgeries – Duodenal Switch Mar-2005Who Is Bariatrics? (Ethics) - Teri Kai Holtzclaw, Ph.D.Preoperative Steps to Reduce Surgical Risks – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Changing Problem Eating Behaviors – Lana Boutacoff, Ph.D.Preparing for Exercise – Erin Nelson, R.N., BA, MSProtein – The Building Block of Life – Sally Myers, RD, CPT April-2005Training for the Bariatric Surgery Team – Quo Vadis? – Kenneth R. Jones, Jr. MD, FACSObesity: A Biased Killer – Cynthia Buffington, Ph.D.Losing Your Waistline and Your Lifeline – Teri Kai Holtzclaw, Ph.D.Potassium Related Issues in Bariatric Patients – Sally Myers, RD, CPT May-2005Can Fat Make You Thin? - 
Take Care,
Jamie Ellis RN MS NPP

Most Active