ROSE Update

Cheryl Gebbie
on 5/14/08 4:50 am - Knoxville, TN
I am now 3 weeks PO and was really concerned because I had not lost but 13 lbs and then regained 5 of those ...but after taking a fluid pill that I felt i didnt need any more and restarted my walking....I am down 16 lbs and 1 lb from being at my lowest ... Was told that the first group was -23 lbs on average after the first po appointment ..that means I need to lose 7 more lbs before the 27th ... I think I will be able to do it ..I dont want to let them down by not at least matching the others on weightloss ..... Cheryl
sholy
on 5/14/08 5:36 am - KY
Oh I don't blame you----I would have been BURNING if I gained on liquids.    What are you able to eat now? Please say FOOD!!!!  Keep it up girl, you will do it!!!!  Dk
Cheryl Gebbie
on 5/14/08 10:38 am - Knoxville, TN
Thanks for the support it is much appreciated ..... do you live in Georgetown ...I will be there on the 27th for my po appointment.... I can now eat like eggs ...cheese .. low carb tortillas ... toast ..( I eat the Nature's Own Light Honey Wheat) Oat meal ...and that sort of stuff ...I can add Tuna next week ...
Janelle S.
on 5/14/08 10:16 am - Metairie, LA
Don't beat yourself up. 23lbs is average- not everyone! Everyone loses at different rates. It's something I'm having to get used to. Good luck, Janelle

Cheryl Gebbie
on 5/14/08 10:39 am - Knoxville, TN
DId you have a ROSE procedure done ... or something else ...I think you had your surgery the day before mine ...how are you doing .. ? Thanks for the support I was really down the last week or so ... but much better now Cheryl
patsy13215
on 5/14/08 11:42 am - syracuse, NY
hi cheryl;it sounds like you are doing great!!! you will be doing your your 1st followup the day of my rose procedure,I will be thinking of you...patsy
Cheryl Gebbie
on 5/14/08 12:25 pm - Knoxville, TN
Goodluck Patsy my prayers are with you .... and thanks for the vote of confidence ....Just hope it continues ....I am really worried cause I dont know if it will work the way I want it to .I really want to get down to at least 145 and i am at 187 right now ....that is like 42 more lbs ...seems almost impossible .. Cheryl
patsy13215
on 5/14/08 12:38 pm - syracuse, NY
Dear cheryl;At your weight of 187,losing 16 pounds is wonderful! remember ,you are much closer to goal than the rest of us...you should feel very proud... Patsy
Janelle S.
on 5/15/08 10:51 am - Metairie, LA
No, I did not have the ROSE procedure. My doctor went in laparoscopically and placed sutures around my stoma to tighten it. He also repaired a large hernia while he was in there. I'm doing great. I'm back at work this week and have been going to the gym for 2 weeks.

sholy
on 5/14/08 11:07 pm - KY
Yes you would think that the torture of all that time on a liquid diet would bring faster results....but as the other poster said-your body is already used to losing. I think my body is mad at me...it feels like it has been thru the ringer and it is TIRED.  2 weeks ago today I was having gallbladder surgery right about now and tomorrow I go in for the ROSE procedure. Geez......how old am I ? Hanging out at hospitals and doctor's offices all the time. tsk tsk tsk. No, Cheryl I don't live in G'town. I live probably 30 minutes away. Let's make sure we get together during one of your post op visits okay? I can't on the 27th--at least right now it looks like I can't ,but lets plan on another date okay?? Dk
Most Active