NEED HELP FINDING DOCT. IN MASS.

SUZANNE C.
on 5/12/08 1:03 pm - WEBSTER, MA
DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A DOCTOR IN MASS. THAT WILL DO A REVISION, I HAVE BEEN REGAINING AND REGAINING AND EVERYTHING I DO DOESN'T WORK, I NOW HAVE TO TAKE VITAMIN B-12 SHOTS EVERY MONTH, I HAVE LOW BONE DENSITY, AND I JUST FEEL LIKE A BIG FAILURE, HELP ME IF YOU CAN, THANKS
pepsi98
on 5/12/08 7:31 pm - Norwich, CT
The program at Tufts-New England Medical Center in Boston is fabulous!  I will be having this conversation with Dr. Shikora on 5/20.
SUZANNE C.
on 5/12/08 11:54 pm - WEBSTER, MA

PLEASE KEEP ME POSTED ON HOW IT GOES, I JUST STARED LOOKING INTO THIS , AND THERE A PROCESS YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH LIKE WITH THE ORIGINAL SURGERY?? BEST OF LUCK

joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 5/12/08 11:58 pm - 128 Belt, MA

Brigham and Women's does revisions.   There is a doc that does the tightening procedure..I can't remember his name.  You could call the Weight Loss Surgery dept and they could direct you.   good luck.

SUZANNE C.
on 5/13/08 12:16 am - WEBSTER, MA
THANKS FOR THE INFO, I WILL CHECK IN ON THAT. I HOPE ALL IS GOING WELL FOR YOU
pepsi98
on 5/13/08 7:51 am - Norwich, CT
Yes, Brigham and Women's also has a Bariatric Dept, and I originally went there to see if i would qualify for the Restore, but I didn't.  Dr. Thompson is brilliant, no doubt, but he didn't give me the time of day when I didn't qualify and I didn't care for the way the EGD was done...I felt like I was being herded like cattle into a tiny room with other people also in tiny rooms next to me.  When Dr. Shikora was recommended to me by a friend who is a bariatric dietician (and had worked with him at one time) I went to see him, joined the program and had stomaphyx simply because I really wasn't ready for a major surgery.  I don't feel as though the stomaphyx has given me any restriction so I will talk to him at my "follow up" appointment on 5/20.  I will tell him that I am ready and anxious for a revision.  He is at Tufts Medical Center and Dr. Shikora is  Top Doc.  I feel very confident in his ability and in his care.
Most Active