Approved!

Sarah76010
on 5/12/08 5:25 am - Mansfield, TX
What a great word. I've been working on this for five (5) months now. Had to switch doctors... but now... APPROVED! And they even had a cancellation so I can go in for my pre-surgery appointment tomorrow at 3 pm to talk about the procedure and get my EKG.  Thanks to all for the support and prayers. The Coordinator commented she hasn't seen an approval this fast - ever! It was only one week from the time she submitted. They are scheduling for the end of June - my birthday is the 30th, so this will be my birthday present to myself!

"You can make a life, or you can make excuses, but you can't do both."

Considering weight loss surgery? Check out the DS first!!
www.dsfacts.com

Angela M.
on 5/12/08 5:48 am - Vicksburg , MS
Revision on 06/24/10 with
Well, congratulations on your second chance!! 

317/287/170

Sarah76010
on 5/12/08 5:51 am - Mansfield, TX
Thanks so much! I was reading your other posts - Dr. Barker's office had that $1,200 co-pay, as well. I didn't like it, and i'm proud of you for not submitting to that treatment. How can they justify that?

www.dsfacts.com

Angela M.
on 5/12/08 5:53 am - Vicksburg , MS
Revision on 06/24/10 with
You know what's funny?  I was gonna say to you in the first post that I hope when you get there tomorrow they don't hit you with some crazy fee!  But I did not want to come across as negative at such a positive time for you!

317/287/170

Sarah76010
on 5/12/08 7:08 am - Mansfield, TX

Well, that's part of why I changed doctors... I'm using a doctor that doesn't require that co-pay.

www.dsfacts.com

ydnalor
on 5/12/08 6:58 am - West Hempstead, NY
What insurance did you use, in my cas I was 320 went down to 209 and I am 257 was your weight problem that drastic that they allowed your revision surgery?
Sarah76010
on 5/12/08 7:09 am - Mansfield, TX
I'm on the Cigna HMO... I had some "mechanical" problems with the first surgery - so I'm back up to the same weight I was at when I had the first surgery.

www.dsfacts.com

AA
on 5/12/08 9:16 am - New York, NY
Congrats!

Duodenal Switch/Lap -- Drs. Alfons Pomp & Michel Gagner - New York City

4/4/05: 265 lbs/BMI: 45.6

4/11/05: 256 lbs/BMI: 43.9 (date of surgery)

7/27/08: Gallbladder Removed

Sarah76010
on 5/12/08 9:22 am - Mansfield, TX
thanks so much!

www.dsfacts.com

ginau
on 5/13/08 12:31 am - mesa, AZ
Congratulations Sarah! I know exactly what your going though. My revision was the 7th and My Birthday is the 21st - I think its a wonderful gift !!! Make sure to take time to get to know your new body !  Mine is responding differantly than the first time around. - now at all bad  eaither..
Most Active