Complications stilland Nurse talking about revision but to what.( sorry very long)

Renee S.
on 5/12/08 4:46 am - PA
Hi,
My name is Renee,I had Gastric Bypass Surgery August 25th 2004. One week later I was back in the Hospital having my Gallbladder out. April 2005 I devoloped an ulcer in my pouch by July 2005 I had a second ulcer in my pouch wich both perforated and I had to have an emergency  open gastroectomy.I now have no stomach everything goes straight to my intestines.I  also had to have several more surgeries for a small bowel obstruction and scar tissue and adhesions all open surgeries.I have never recovered can't work.I still have pain and and have to take phenergen every day.My labs have been horrible my HGB is 8 and my iron is 13 I'm also B12 deficient. My labs have been like this for over a year I have no energy .It is a chore just to get out of bed , washed, and dressed. All my DR's have been dragging their feet on my care.I had got so under weight 94 pounds. My Surgeon told me to eat what i could to gain.I did gain alittle to much but I cant lose now.Everything I eat goes through me very fast and somtimes comes back out undigested.I tried for three weeks eating high protein low carbs no junk and lots of water I didn't lose 1 pound.I've just been through a Ct scan,upper GI, endoscopy,  colonoscopy, and a D&C.Nobody can figure out whats wrong or why my blood count or iron is so low.I feel like I'm loosing this battle.I'm of no good to my family I can't even do simply house work anymore and I rarley can do anything with my family.I have an appointmet to see my Surgeon tomorrow.The nurse talked about some sort of revision because of everything moving through so fast and me never being full but I don't have a stomach what could I be revised to.I just don't know what to do .I'm miserable this is no way to live.I welcome any advice or comments.Thanks in advance for any replies

Renee S

pepsi98
on 5/12/08 6:54 am - Norwich, CT
Wow!!!  What a story!  What do you weigh now?  Are you seeing a GI doctor?  A dietician?  Have you gone back to your original surgeon? 
Renee S.
on 5/12/08 7:16 am, edited 5/12/08 7:23 am - PA
I weigh 160 now but can't loose pound yes I have seen a GI Dr and im still seeing my Surgeon infact I see him tomorrow.His nurse said something about a revision but I don't know what they would do I don't even have a stomach.I'm also being sent to a Hemotologist.

Renee S

ShayZ
on 5/15/08 4:28 am - Somewhere, TX

Renee I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear everything you have been through.  I am somewhat familiar with Dr. Coella, he hasn't offered you any remedy?  If you aren't digesting the food; how are you managing to gain weight.  Have you seen a true gastro doc?

Most Active