stomaphyx patients, i need advice!!

KrisLil447
on 5/12/08 3:46 am - windsor, CT
hi there.  i had my gastric bypass in june of 05.  I gained A LOT back from grazing and alcohol.  I just had a stomaphyx with 14 staples on monday may 5th this year.   For any of you who have had this surgery, are u on you fluids for 2 weeks?  I haven't lost anything yet and it's making me concerned.  What are you having besides soup and water?  Did u have any alcohol?  Please help!!! Kristin /CT/ age 24
pepsi98
on 5/12/08 6:48 am - Norwich, CT
I had stomaphyx on 2/1, was on liquids (cream soups, protein shakes, SF puddings, cottage cheese) for 4 weeks I think.  Then added ground meats, chicken salad, soft food etc and then finally veggies.  Still technically not supposed to eat carbs.  I am going to see my doctor on 5/20 and I will ask him for a revision.  Now that I've made the decision to go forward with surgery, I feel very relieved.  I don't know about alcohol because I do not drink.  I also live in CT.
pepsi98
on 5/12/08 6:49 am - Norwich, CT
Forgot to ask...who did your stomaphyx??
MneMoons
on 5/13/08 1:58 am - Massapequa Park, NY
RNY on 05/27/03 with

Hi, I had my stomaphyx done on 5/2.  I lost 17lbs in total the week of my surgery.  My doctor had me on optifast first.  I started that week and when I was weighed in about 10 days later I lost 17 lbs.  Since then I have not lost a thing.   As for alcohol.  I was told not to drink or have any meds such as advil, motrin etc.  These will cause bleeding. I'm also on liquids and it is driving me crazy. Hope this helps!

pepsi98
on 5/13/08 10:12 am - Norwich, CT
Did your insurance pay?  I have not only gained all that I had lost (17 lbs) but more.
gasadian
on 5/20/08 12:06 am - TX
Was this a revison to a rny or lap? So would you recommend this procedure for a revision to a RNY? How much more weight do you feel you need to lose to be happy?
gasadian
on 5/20/08 1:02 am - TX
I am thinking about getting this surgery. I am a revision of a VBG that was 19 years ago and then had the RNY and have never lost my weight lost 60 then gained 19 so I have only lost a total of 40 lbs with the RNY and I am hungry all of the time and I too graze. Do you feel hungy after this stomaphyx and are you full on liquids alone?  Sorry so many questions just want to know more about this procedure.
Most Active