New revision vs hunger

turtle829
on 5/12/08 2:32 am
Revision on 08/04/15
I had a revision to RNY on May 1, 2008.  I went to my first support group mtg on May 8th.  I asked the leader why was I already experiencing hunger.  She said it was due to it being a revision.  No one in my support group has been thru a revision.  So, I don't know if this is really normal or not.  Please share thoughts.  I can already tolerate, granted very chewed foods.  I do not believe I will be a dumper.  The support group leader advised that we "test" our "dumping tool".  She said not everyone will have the advantage of the dumping.  So far, I haven't pushed to see if I will be a dumper, but I did try a bit of "cake"... no icing... just to see... NOTHING... no queasiness or anything...
charleston-mom
on 5/12/08 5:24 am
Your support group lead sounds like she doesn't know what she is talking about, to be honest. I had a revision on August 23, 2007 - nine months ago, and have lost over 100 pounds since then. I experience very little hunger and it's usually well manageable by having something to drink. The fact that she is telling people to test their dumping is also an absolutely TERRIBLE thing to do in my opinion. I can't even fathom why she would do that. I haven't tried it - don't intend to. What I don't know won't hurt me. Why in the world would she want people who might have severe issues with sweets try to see if they can eat them. Frankly, I think she should be fired.
Most Active