APPROVED FOR REVISION SURGERY........I THINK....

Angela M.
on 5/12/08 2:00 am - Vicksburg , MS
Revision on 06/24/10 with

I will clarify.  I got my letter in the mail the other day that says I have been approved but the CPT code is for a first time Laparascopic Gastric Bypass (43644) and not the revision code which is 43848. So anyway, I get a call from Ruth at Dr. Halmi's office and am told that before they will even start scheduling me, I have to pay a $2000.00 program fee.  Two thousand dollars.  My insurance (CareFirst BlueChoice) covers the surgery at 100% of the allowed benefit and they want me to pay them 2,000.00.  I was shocked and even considered trying to come up with the money for a few days, then I came to my senses and called another surgeon in DC.  I hate to start over but I will just have to I guess.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Angela

317/287/170

helloitsme
on 5/12/08 2:47 am - anywhere, TX
This cracks me up!! The same thing just happned to me. I am having a revision from a lap band to RNY, just got approved on Friday. I call the doctor's office to find out if the got the news and then they slap me with this revision fee of $1100.00. My isurance covers everything at 100%. I have met my deductable and out of pocket maximum for the year. Why can't they charge this to the insurance (they charge them for everything else)? I tried to be sure that I met my out of pocket maximum before I got approved. I don't want to find a new doctor, but I am mad about this fee.
Angela M.
on 5/12/08 10:18 pm - Vicksburg , MS
What are you going to do?  Do they have a payment plan?  Will you have to get a loan?

317/287/170

M. Hall
on 5/12/08 3:19 am - Norcross, GA

Hi ladies I am in the process of waiting for the insurance company to approve me as we speak. I have Bluecrossblueshield, so i guess i better start putting a few pennies up to. Ive been hearing things like this alot. Are the Doc's trying to get over or what? I guess its all in how bad you want it. I aint rich either, but I didnt expect to get off scott-free this time  since the 1st WLS procedure was free.  I can truly feel your disappointment, yet I dont have a solution for you. Because if they called tomoroow I would be in the same predicament.  

Angela M.
on 5/12/08 3:55 am - Vicksburg , MS
My first surgery was covered by the state so I paid for nothing!  Now, all I'm doing is paying....I call this "The Fleecing of Fat People".....it's a shame.....

317/287/170

Monique H.
on 5/13/08 2:13 am
Hey, First of all congratulations on your approval.  I can't even get a doctor's office to see me since I'm only 13 months out from my first surgery. I'm really at a loss and don't know what to do. I use to want the ds, but can't afford the program fees and the only doctor's office that doesn't charge them doesn't want to see me because they don't think they can get mine approved and I'm not 2 years out yet. I now wish I could get someone to do the distal rny, but don't even know which doctors are skilled in doing them and if they will take me. Well goodluck on whatever you decide to try to do. You know just when you start to think the surgeons really care about you and your health they slap you with those fees. I feel they need to negotiate a higher pay before accepting a contract instead of making us pick up the difference. 
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Angela M.
on 5/13/08 2:29 am - Vicksburg , MS
Thanks Monique.....I just know that this is the Will of God and nothing else.  I have decided that I am going to get a loan and pay the fee.  I am tired and I really feel like I have been blessed with this second chance and I should not spend a lot of time on the negative.  You will find some very kind experienced surgeon to take you and before you know it....you will be given a second chance as well..... Take care, sweetie!

317/287/170

Most Active