wanna get to goal; can y'all help?

ShayZ
on 5/8/08 5:13 am - Somewhere, TX

Hello board, it seems that once I start talking; I can't shut up...okay that and I went to put on my favorite dress this morning and was in tears because it no longer fits.  Anyway I have some questions to the people that have had revison of RNY to DS. 1.  How much weight did you lose from where you were when you had the revision? 2.  How much weight from what you were when you had your original? 3.  Have you gotten to your original goal weight? 4.  Did you have any complications? I ask all of this because the surgeon reiterated that the risks may not worth having the revision at my current BMI of 35-36. He could not give me a figure of estimated pounds just that statement.  So I figured I would come to the source.  I see that some persons who get procedures like the stomaphyx and lap over RNY don't tend to loose the way they want to so I am wondering of the miracle of DS.  Thank y'all.  Larra I am calling my insurance company today about the co-morbidities, thank you again.

Patricia B.
on 5/8/08 6:31 am - Oxon Hill, MD

I had a RNY performed in 2000, lost 70lbs.  My original weight prior to surgery was 365, I got down to 295.  My weight crept back up through the years to finally I weighed 343lbs.  I found a surgeon to perform a revision, he completely undid the RNY, did a DS with a lap band in April 2007.  To date I have lost 144lbs and still losing.  It was the best decision I ever made.  The lapband is just there for future use in case I start to regain. I hope my response helps.

ShayZ
on 5/8/08 6:34 am - Somewhere, TX
I have never heard of the Lap with DS before.  Is this something commonly done or because you didn't lose to expectations originally?
Patricia B.
on 5/9/08 2:15 am - Oxon Hill, MD

Dr. Elariny who is located in Virginia performed the surgery.  He has done variations of gastric bypass surgery with lapband as a backup in case of weight gain.  He fondly refers to it as the "Cadillac".

Most Active