Recovery on the ROSE revision

mlpandbaby
on 5/7/08 11:15 pm, edited 5/8/08 1:36 am

How is everyone?  I wanted to know how long the recovery is for the ROSE procedure?  I am having the revision with Dr. Gorcey on the 22nd, are you up and around the day after you get out of the hospital ? Are you doing everything/working in a few days?   thanks Michelle

sholy
on 5/8/08 6:02 am - KY
Michelle, Disclamer: Sorry, but I haven't actually had the procedure, but since I am the best you have right now.... I will tell you that from what I have heard most patients are leaving the hospital the same day and have no driving restrictions, lifting restrictions,  or work restrictions the day after the procedure. Maybe someone who has actually had it will pipe in....but that is the information I have read from several reliable sources. D.
patsy13215
on 5/8/08 2:28 pm - syracuse, NY
hi michelle; your time is getting near..good for you. I have heard the same,that there is minimal recovery time..that would be nice.. keep us posted..patsy
littleguy
on 5/9/08 3:48 am
so far no one had post op pain. able to work next day.
Cheryl Gebbie
on 5/9/08 4:11 am - Knoxville, TN
Had surgery on Wednesday ...went back to work on Friday with no restriction.....No pain that was caused by the surgery .... was 2 weeks po this past Wednesday and have lost 13 lbs so far Cheryl
patsy13215
on 5/10/08 10:04 am - syracuse, NY
hi Cheryl; it sounds like you are doing great! When do you go back for your 1st checkup??Are you doing liquids still or have you been advanced? Congrats!!!! patsy
Cheryl Gebbie
on 5/10/08 10:25 am - Knoxville, TN
thanks I go back on the 27h for my first check up .... Naw I am on babyfoods but am calling the doc on monday cause they changed their diet plan from being on each stage 1 week to being on each one for 4 days ....wanna see if that goes for me too. Right now am stuck on the 190-192 mark ..... keep going up and down ..feel like its fluids mainly ..... body just dont wanna move passed the 190 mark ..... I will let ya know when i get to 189 CANT wait .... was told the first group lost 23 lbs average the first month .... I have lost 13 so far ..hope I dont let them down by not getting to the 23 lbs mark ...that would put me at 180 THANKS Cheryl
patsy13215
on 5/10/08 10:51 am - syracuse, NY
hi cheryl;sounds good. Do you know how many they have done at your trial site?It must have been exciting to get under the 200pound mark...I am looking forward to that..Do you find that your portion size is about what it was post gastric bypass or more or less..Thanks for keeping us posted..patsy
JeannieBVA1
on 5/12/08 1:12 pm

Cheryl,

Glad to hear you are doing so well.  I'm really praying for you as I know what a struggle this has been for you.

I'm just getting fatter and more pregnant every day!!  I know I will be 280lbs befor its all said and done.  I'm 11 wks so almost out of the first trimester.

I know I will be doing SOMETHING for weight loss once I have this baby.  I'VE GOT TO !!.

Take care everyone..

Jeannie

mlpandbaby
on 5/9/08 4:25 am
Thanks everyone for your comments.  I am so excited.  I will keep you posted Michelle
Most Active