Anyone with a failed RNY please answer this question for me?

M. Hall
on 5/7/08 7:46 am - Norcross, GA
I went to see my Doc today for the followup of my endoscopy and he stated that my surgery had failed. But his solution was to do another RNY (making my pouch smaller and stoma smaller and enlongating somethin else. He also said that he would make my pouch so small that after 1 bite of food I would be full, so that he could make sure that my weight would come off this time.  Has anyone had that done b4? And wouldn't that put my body at more a malnutrition state, I mean worse than it is now. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 5/7/08 12:15 pm
ShayZ
on 5/8/08 4:22 am - Somewhere, TX
I have not had one fail...yet but maybe you ought to seek other opinions.  If you already have malabsorption issues (and I sympathize with you; I remember those days) then maybe there is something else that can be done.  How did your RNY fail?
jacquelyn7
on 6/6/08 11:33 am - Wall Township, NJ
Hi there. i had the exact same thing. after my RNY in 2004, my endoscopy showed that my stoma was like totally open and my pouch was very large. i was able to eat anything and everything and gained back 45 lbs. i just had my revision (making the stoma and pouch smaller) on may 19th. so far, i haven't lost a pound (but that's an issue in and of itself lol) anyway, i know where you're at. did you gain weight back or just notice you could eat more? my dr said the cause could be any number of things. but i am hoping this time.... it works more drastically and for good. what are you leaning toward doing?? :) best regards, jackie
Most Active