9 months since lap band and never lost only gained back

brandyII
on 5/9/08 4:35 am
Allison, Good luck and thanks for sharing your story, it's so similar to so many others I've heard.  Please keep me posted on your journey, brandyII.
VelvetKiss
on 5/11/08 7:06 am - Broadview Heights, OH
Cathy, To answer your question I found very few people who's insurance covered their fills.  Most Bandsters have to pay out of pocket for their fills.  Some Surgeons have programs where you can buy so many fills or you can pay on a per fill basis which gets very expensive.  Plus if you get too tight depending on how soon after your fill it was most will charge you to come in and get it unfilled or unfilled alittle to lessen your restriction, so it can get very costly.  I hope that answers your question.
charleston-mom
on 5/12/08 5:15 am
I had the lap band and absolutely hated it! 2 slips, erosion, very low weight loss. I felt like a complete failure. I was revised to a RNY in August and have lost over 100 pounds and am SO HAPPY! There is no comparison at all between the two surgeries. If you can get a revision go for it! I thank God and my surgeon every day for mine.
brandyII
on 5/12/08 6:48 am
Charleston-mom, congrats on your weight loss, still struggling but found out today that my blood sugar was high from bloodwork I had recently so maybe going off my diabetes meds was a mistake prior to surgery as my PCP had ordered.   I've never had slips or any other comps that a lot of people have prior to revision.  I'm still in limbo right now but it's good to know what revisions have helped people.  thanks brandyII.
Most Active