Revision from gastric bypass to Lapband?

MsCin
on 5/6/08 9:36 am
Is it possible to go from gastric bypass and have a revision to the lapband? 
Angela M.
on 5/6/08 10:33 pm - Vicksburg , MS
Revision on 06/24/10 with
Yes, of  course.  There are a few people on here who have either already had it done or are seriously looking into it. Having a band placed over my RNY was actually an option for me but I chose to just have my pouch made smaller instead.

317/287/170

Arizonadck
on 5/9/08 2:02 pm - Chicago, IL

Hi Alex, What kind of revision did you have to make your pouch smaller (DS, Extended Rny, or something else)?   How long ago did you have it?  Has it been successful?

Zazouke
on 5/7/08 4:19 pm - Belgium
Hi,

I live in Belgium and I had a lapband placed over my bypass in October 2007. At firts it was not helping but now after my seconf fill (only 3weeks ago) I lost allready 3 kilo's.That means 1 kilo per week. So; I can only advice you to go for it. I wish you succes!!!
FIREMANTRB
on 5/8/08 8:20 am - OH
I just got my insurance approval today for the band over RNY.  I had the RNY in July of 2002.  I had lost 255 pounds and gained back 90 over the last 1.5 years.  Hope to have a surgery date in 2-4 weeks.   Would love to hear from someone who has already had it. 
Arizonadck
on 5/9/08 2:05 pm - Chicago, IL
Is your pouch enlarged or your stoma?  I wish you the best!!   Carolyn
FIREMANTRB
on 5/9/08 10:32 pm - OH
Hey Carolyn I have contradicting reports from a couple different docs.  I do know that my stoma is almost 2cm, which is considered enlarged.  I had an upper GI and one doc *****ad it said it was elongated and enlarged and another doc *****ad it said it looks "normal" for being 6 years out.  So I guess they will find out when they get in there
Arizonadck
on 5/10/08 9:13 am - Chicago, IL
It is mind boggling trying to figure out which to do.  Did your doc offer just the band or did he also offer a malabsorption revision (DS or ERny)?  I had my open RNY June 03.   My original bypass doc will only offer the band over rny (but I'm concerned I won't be able to lose the amount I want to - from different things I read) - I need to lose 70-80 lbs.  I'm going to get a 2nd opinion to see if they concur or would suggest higher malabsorption - I can't get in to see him until mid-July - I hate the waiting - at this rate I wouldn't be able to have anything done until fall - if then.  I love my doc and hate going elsewhere but I need peace of mind .  I know my insurance won't cover it so I can only afford to pay for one procedure so have to make sure I'm getting the right one.  I will keep you in my thoughts.  Please let me know how it goes!!!  Good Luck and hope you become a big loser!!!  Carolyn
FIREMANTRB
on 5/11/08 4:19 am - OH
Thanks Carolyn.  My doc never offered another procedure, but I I asked him specifically about the band over RNY and nothing else.  Not sure if he does anything else other than the original RNY and Band.  I do know that he does a few "clinical trails" for the stoma, but he said they hadnt been working out so well and that the band was my best option.
Arizonadck
on 5/11/08 9:54 am - Chicago, IL
Thanks so much!  I wish you all the best!  Keep us posted and I hope you have a huge "losing streak".  Carolyn
Most Active