2 weeks post revision

Janelle S.
on 5/6/08 2:30 am - Metairie, LA
Today is 2 weeks from my revision. My story is very long but I never experienced being a new RNY patient the first time around. I have done great, healing well, feel good, etc. I feel like a newbie because I have all the same questions newbies have. I feel different from them because I know revisions don't lose weight as well as newbies. I have lost 23 lbs so far and this it great, but today is the first day that I didn't lose any weight. I'm trying not to be upset about it, but I can't help it.

Arizonadck
on 5/6/08 3:35 am - Chicago, IL
Wow,  23 pounds - that's fabulous!!  Do you have as much to lose as you did the first time around?  What kind of revision did you have?  Open or lap?  i'm in the market for a revision so very curious!  Be proud of yourself!!  You're very courageous!!  Take care.  Carolyn
Deanne K.
on 5/6/08 7:12 am - Tucson, AZ
You should be proud of yourself.  23 lbs in 2 weeks is great. 
Janelle S.
on 5/6/08 11:42 am - Metairie, LA
Thank you. My stoma was overdilated by an inexperienced MD when I had a stricture at 4 months post RNY. Therefore nothing was ever really in my pouch. It stayed really small. My original surgeon is back in town and laparoscopically stitched my stoma. I regained 35lbs from my lowest weight. I have never been anywhere close to my goal weight. My weight has always been >300lbs. I am so gratefull for this new chance. My pouch is <1 oz..

JRinAZ
on 5/8/08 1:39 am - Layton, UT
Hey girlfriend! Don't get all worried about missing ONE day of weight loss!  What's up with that???  You know that you have lost a serious amount of weight in just a few days and that's with anesthesia swelling going on as well!  Weigh 2 go!!!!  ......  Just keep with your program guidelines and get your body moving (walk, walk, walk and drink, drink, drink)!  So if you've got a hundred pounds to lose then were you seriously thinking of 50 per month?  Yikes!  ........  Take a deep breath and start thinking of how you're going to reward yourself in December when you're at your goal weight!!!!  It's a journey.....not an occasion! ....thinking happy thoughts for you......
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Most Active