lap band revision to RNY? or Sleeve?

LeighMcCall
on 5/6/08 1:59 am - South Jersey, NJ
Is it possible to have a revision from the band to RNY or the Sleeve?  I had the band on July of 2006.  I have lost 50 at one year out and gained 15 back.  I am still 60-70 pounds from my goal .  On my last Dr visit the Dr said I needed to have surgery to put in a new port because we go through torture and ultrasound and sometimes a trip to the hospital for a flourascope to locate the port.  So, has anyone had a revision from the band?
Hondurian Queen
on 5/6/08 4:38 am - BOSTON, MA
no but I am about to on june 2 and cant wait I wish you much like keep in touch with me and you can follow my journey

vgrimli
on 5/6/08 4:41 am - Browns Valley, MN
What kind of revision are you having?

G
on 5/6/08 5:43 am - Cincinnati, OH
I had a revision from a failed lapband to a ds on 12/18/2007.  I am doing fantastic and am totally happy with my ds.  I had lots of issues with the lapband, including pain, vomiting, sliming, etc, not to overlook I only lost about 25 lbs just to gain 40 back after 1.5 years.   I feel so "normal" now with the ds.  I eat what I want, lose weight easily, and have no problems at all.  I have some bathroom issues if I eat to many carbs, or too much white flour products, but I haven't found it a problem to control those.  I have lost 68 lbs in 4 months and have about 45 more I want to lose.  The weightloss has slowed down a little but it's still going !  I have never regretted for even a minute having the lapband removed and going for the ds.   Good luck on your journey and with whichever surgery you decide is best for you.  Just be sure you do your homework and know what to expect for each proceedure.

Surgery Date 12/18/07   Ht 5'7"  SW 268/ CW 179 / GW 160 

(deactivated member)
on 5/6/08 8:46 am - Fort Worth, TX
I know it is possible. I have read a lot of profiles of people who went from the band to RNY. I am wanting to also. I only  lost 40 and have gained most of it back. In between had lots of vomiting, reflux and have spent lots of money. I have an appt for a consultation on the 15th.
joan-the incredible
shrinking

on 5/7/08 2:29 am - 128 Belt, MA
there are some people who will post and share...they aren't on everyday. I am planning on having my band removed and having a rny.  I have a leak somewhere. I had some issues with the band, but if it were intact I would be working it. I figure if he has to go in, give me the rny. Good luck in your journey. you can also google..and you will come up with lots of people on a variety of boards.
maryza
on 5/7/08 2:37 pm, edited 5/7/08 2:42 pm - oakbrook, IL

yes you can choose any other surgery RNY,VSG OR DS but you need to talk to your surgeon and look up for all the pros and cons of each surgery.  ther are a some people that had revision from LAB BAND to VSG. go and post your questions ther too

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/VSG

MARY 
The wings of an angel are always open to care for you

charleston-mom
on 5/12/08 5:36 am
I had a revision from lapband (failed, two slips, erosion) to RNY on 8/23/07 (9 months ago). I am grateful for it every day! I've lost over 100 pounds and am in a size 4-6 now. Go for it!!!!!!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 5/17/08 6:56 pm - AZ
In two weeks I am getting a revision from an Inamed band to a VSG.  I'm at goal, it's not a weight issue for me.  For me it is more of an issue of maintaining. I just can't do the band anymore.  I don't have any fight left in me to keep fighting band issues. I think I prefer the VSG over RNY because of many reasons.  But I have to admit I see soooo many RNY folks getting revisions to bands and DS, or Stomaphyx, Rose... all that other stuff.  They seem to make up a majority of the revision board. I plan on getting a VSG, if that fails and I don't expect it will, then RNY.  But I'd rather not go quite that drastic.  YMMV.
Brittwoman
on 5/18/08 5:22 am - West Babylon, NY
I had a revison from lap band to RNY and I'm thrilled with the results. I say go for it...it's so worth it!!
                  Weight loss since begining WLS journey -141lbs!     

** Ticker shows weight loss since Day of Revision Surgery **

Most Active