I give UP! I need a Medical Loan! Any Ideas?

barbarabrewer
on 5/5/08 2:51 am - TX
I cannot trust BCBS to come through for my revision so does anyone know where I can get a Medical loan for the revision surgery.. I guess we all call it self-pay. Thank you all in advance for your help! Sincerely, Barbara Brewer
MsCin
on 5/5/08 6:07 am
surgeryloans.com  their interest rate is aroun 12-14% over 60 months. Or do a google search on bariatric loans...there are tons of them.
barbarabrewer
on 5/5/08 7:22 am - TX
thanks!  I will start my search! Barbara
ginau
on 5/5/08 7:34 am - mesa, AZ
actually  my Employeer CHASE BANK  has edical loans - call the 800 # or look online - they  took over unicorn financial ..   I just passed up taking a job in that dept ..
pepsi98
on 5/5/08 7:56 am - Norwich, CT
You can try www.carecredit.com
JeannieBVA1
on 5/5/08 12:03 pm
You may also want to check around with some of your plastic surgeons office's.  They usually know several banks that will do them since most plastic surgery is not covered by insurance.  Also I heard Capital One does them. And.. Citi Financial does unsecured personel loans.. You may want to check on that. Good luck!
barbarabrewer
on 5/6/08 3:17 am - TX

Thanks to all for your responses I have plenty of info now to check out! Barbara Brewer

barbarabrewer
on 5/8/08 4:48 am - TX
Well, thanks again for your info on Medical Loans.  I tried CareCredit.com my surgeon's office takes them.  Dr Nick's office and Baylor Plano will not trust bcbs fep plan.  Because they will not give pre-certification. Well, I signed up with CareCredit and got an immediate approval for $12,000 for the surgery.  I think Dr Nick and Baylor will charge $16,000 but CareCredit will increase upon their notificaition. Anyway, I go see Dr Nick next week to talk about pre-surgery procedures. After the surgery I will file the paperwork myself for reimbursement from BCBS FEP.   Hopefully BCBS will approve it and I can pay the loan off quickly to Care Credit. We shall see?  I will let you all know how everything goes! Barbara Brewer
Most Active