RNY TO RNY DISTAL REVISION

ladylion2001
on 5/16/08 5:11 am - Baltimore, MD
Hey Zurib, I have yet to find any information either. I did find a local surgeon and am going in for a consultation just to ask some questions and see if there are any options for me. I have yet to tell my husband that I'm interested in doing this again. I mentioned it once and he looked at me like he was not interested, but I'll have to talk to him seriously.  Errr...well, let me know if you find anything out and I'll be sure to do the same! Thanks for your response.
Zurib
on 5/16/08 5:39 am - Newburgh, NY
Sad to say but my husband is grateful that I've been considering a revision.  He sees just how miserable I've been and the emotional toll it has taken.  I recently had the pleasure (total sarcasm) of putting all of my old clothes away (sizes 8 and 10)...the 18's are freaking me out.  I've gotten to the point where I really don't care what anyone else has to say because I just can't take it anymore.  I am FINALLY trying to take care of myself.
ladylion2001
on 5/16/08 5:53 am - Baltimore, MD
I totally understand. I think the whole surgery thing scares my husband. Doesn't want anything to happen to me.  I understand where he's coming from, but I feel like that is not the major concern here. It's my overall health.
Zurib
on 5/18/08 3:34 am - Newburgh, NY
Lady Lion I am shaking my head in agreement.  It is incredible to see that I'm feeling this way-I "magically thought" that I would NEVER be in this situation EVER again.  I've recommended three people to my surgeon and the last one that had the surgery is 2 1/12 years post op.  All are doing extremely well and I am the "failure"...it's hard because one is one of my very closest friends and I see her very often.  Seeing her is a constant reminder of what I "lost".  The pity party hasn't helped and I am aware of what I'm doing-don't get me wrong, having a baby afterwards is a blessing but damn...getting back on track has not been easy at all.  There are many areas of dissatisfaction in my life and my marriage is part of it-husband is totally insensitive and like I said extremely happy because I am seeking a revision.  His rationale is totally selfish but mine is personal...I wouldn't be surprised if I do not find myself married anymore a short time from now.  Interestingly enough two of the people I referred to my surgeon have since gotten divorced.  I wonder how true this is of post ops in general.  Anyway, that's enough of me rambling on but yes, your overall health is important.  I've never been able to rid myself of not taking my blood pressure medication.  Diabetes runs in my family but thankfully I don't have it and I am hoping to prevent myself from getting it.  Enjoy your day.
Most Active