RNY TO RNY DISTAL REVISION

Zurib
on 5/4/08 3:17 pm - Newburgh, NY
Hello Everyone, I am searching for more information on this.  I'm looking into having a revision done and my surgeon has suggested the distal procedure.  I've gained approximately 70 lbs back of the 123lbs I originally lost after open RNY surgery back in Aug. 2002.  Since then I had a  baby and the weight just isn't going anywhere.  My doc. says that I could lose up to 60 lbs. following the distal.  Could those that have had this revision please respond and share your experiences with me.  It's time to change my situation. Never thought I'd be at this point...
ginau
on 5/5/08 2:14 am - mesa, AZ
I am all set for mine this wed - I 'll keep ya posted ,, check out  Joyce on the AZ forum ! She has a common channel of 50  and Shrunk way down !!   ALso  look in past posts for Dr Schlesinger on this forum  - He is a revision King and can answer lots of questions !  
happy girl
on 5/5/08 2:51 am
I am less than impressed with my distal, but my insurance wouldn't cover a DS, no way, no how.  Is a DS a possibility for you?

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

Zurib
on 5/11/08 1:21 pm - Newburgh, NY
Thanks so much for the reply...The DS sounds really great but too frightening for me.  I don't think my insurance will cover a DS anyway
JRinAZ
on 5/8/08 1:43 am - Layton, UT
Hi there Zurib! Talk to you doc about an Extended Rny which is more aggressive than the Distal.  I shot way down and am still losing.  My common channel is 50 cm.  IF I had it to do over again though I would have had a 100 cm common channel cuz I lost way too fast. Good luck!  Your 70 will just peel off of you! (and probably a few more :)
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

ShayZ
on 5/8/08 4:10 am - Somewhere, TX
I am really curious about this extended RNY.  I have never heard of it before and the surgeon I consulted with about an RNY revision told me he was going to lengthen my common channel and I was vehemently against that...any suggestions?
Zurib
on 5/11/08 1:23 pm - Newburgh, NY
Thanks for the response...I haven't been keeping up with my correspondence...but I've been searching for more information on the ERNY...what's the difference between that and the distal procedure.  I am anxious to get this over with.  Aggressive is what I need...Congrats on your weight loss!
Zurib
on 5/11/08 1:25 pm - Newburgh, NY
ladylion2001
on 5/15/08 5:14 am - Baltimore, MD
Where can I find more specific information about Extended RNY?  I had my surgery in 2004. Lost 130 gained 30 never made it even close to goal even at my lowest weight post op.  Thanks for any info. 
Zurib
on 5/15/08 11:27 am - Newburgh, NY
Hi Lady Lion, I have also had trouble finding a great  deal of information in regards to the Extended RNY-it's not as plentiful in information as the RNY (I remember doing my initial research preop and it seemed so overwhelming sometimes) .  My surgeon refers to it as the super distal.  I can definitely relate to the weight gain (wi**** was only 30) and can't wait for a revision.  The DS seems so drastic and it scares me to death.  As far as the ENRY goes, I'm still hunting too.  Anything I find I will gladly share.  Lastly, I am anxious to hear from more people that have had the ENRY and find out what their experience has been.  Have a great night!
Most Active