My Magical Day May7th

ginau
on 5/3/08 6:56 am - mesa, AZ
Ok  so I have just a few short days till Dr Schlesinger  makes magic happen.   I am anxious  for the day to come,  nervous about the procedure of  re connectiong my intestine  to a more mal absoptive  status,  Scared to death of needles,  But more than anything  HAPPY  that I will be back on the loosing  weight path of life.   
Arizonadck
on 5/3/08 10:40 am - Chicago, IL
Will this be done as an open surgery or lap?  I wish you the best!!  Carolyn
Nita S.
on 5/3/08 2:04 pm - Avondale, AZ
It was a joy meeting you at the last Dr S support group meeting.  I will be thinking of you on Wednesday.  I am still pluging along trying to get the insurance to pay for my revision, my Doc is getting the 5 year medical together to fax to the insurance co.  I am keeping my fingers toes or anything else crossed that this will get my approval.  If you feel like it, could you tell me the things that went through your mind when you were trying to decide how far to be revised.  I am still doing research on the subject of pros and cons to just how much I would to be revised when Dr Schlesinger and I sit down for that discussion.  Again, good luck and i wil be thinking of you on Wednesday.  Nita

Nita
Revision 11/06/2008

ginau
on 5/4/08 1:52 am - mesa, AZ
Nita  Honestly - I trust my Dr , He is the one with the knowledge and experience,         We did have a frank and open talk about where I would like to be . I know I would not be happy at 130 lbs - I would like to loose another 100 and be halthy. 1 thing I got out of our chit chat was the less common channel he leaves - the more Consequences I will have -  loose stools , vitamin deficiencies  etc...  I know I will still have  issue  but maybe not as severe as some ??  Now am I happy its going to be an open procedure - Hell NO!  but  I know that is in my best interest - Doc needs to see what I have been working with .   I would be worried about any Dr that can do a revision  laproscopicaly ... esp since they have to measure out the other way !  Its not how much he is bypassing - its how much he is leaving ! key words !!!  open, honest communication !!!
Deanne K.
on 5/3/08 2:32 pm - Tucson, AZ
Hey, keep me posted in how you do.  I know you are in good hands for your surgery.  I am thinking of coming up for Dr. Schlesinger's next seminar, etc at the end of the month.  I am not definate on this yet.  If I don't talk to you before, you are in my prayers.
Susie221
on 5/4/08 1:51 am - UK
Hi Ginau Can I ask what your going to have done ? I had a distal or extended rny in NOv 2006 and will be having revision maybr August/ early Sept They will be redoing my pouch and outlet for me  Susie xx
ginau
on 5/4/08 1:56 am - mesa, AZ
Hi Susie  Dr Schlesinger will be resetting my rny  leaving me with a shorter common channel, If you find some of his old post - he describes  what he does . I am going to a 75 common channel length. He is not going to do anything to my pouch , He will be cleaning up some other issue"s I believe - I have some scar tissue and adhesions from a Hysterectomy a few years ago .
Arizonadck
on 5/4/08 10:57 pm - Chicago, IL
Hi Gina, I had my RNY 6/03 (lost 170 lbs) and have gained back 35.  I'm looking into having a revision (my 1st try - the ROSE - didn't work -- you can read details on my prior post a few days ago.  So I have an appt w/my bypass surgeon to discuss a revision.  I had gone to him 2 years ago and he refused so I'm hoping this time he listens.  I didn't even know where so many different types of revisions out there and I certainly didn't realize how many people were seeking them - not until I found this forum a few days ago.  Is yours the DS?  What do you mean shortening the common channel (what is the common channel)?  I just read some of Dr. Schlesinger's posts and he sounds so amazing - one in particular brought me to tears - sounds so compassionate!  (If my appt doesn't go well I may just have to travel to AZ to for a consult w/him - does he take out-of-town patients - I'm from Chicago.) IAny insight/advice would be appreciated - I have my appt on Wed. 5/7 and am so nervous!  I know your revision is coming up - this month, right?  I wish you the best!!!  Carolyn 
Cynthia Johnson
on 5/4/08 8:25 am
Hello, a few days to go!  All the best during and after the surgery.  I'm watching and waiting to hear about your results.  I intend to have the same procedure done and hopefully the first of June.  Waiting on pcp to send chart notes to dr.  otherwise everything is in. So, probablyn won't see you in group this month as you will be resting?
Strawberry2
on 5/5/08 9:46 am
good luck - keep us posted i will be prayer for you - Jo
Most Active