I had Sclerotherapy today w/ Dr. Bessler

Cheryl J.
on 5/2/08 3:30 pm
Hi all. I havent been on the forum for awhile. A few months ago, Dec 2007 I had the EROS procedure with Dr. Bessler, but it didnt work. Today I had the Sclerotherapy. It's very painful, but I expected it because a few members on this board said they had pain for a few days. I am so glad for Obesity Help because I was prepared on what to expect. I wasnt surprised when I had pain in the back and shoulders. Thanks so much for members sharing their experiences. Well I havent eaten that much today. I had a small egg drop soup from the Chinese restaurant around 7pm.  And because Im in out of sleep, I ate again around 11pm. I had a 1/4 cup of turkey chili that my mom made.  And I am sipping on Crystal Light Ice Tea/Lemonade concoction. The chili was good.  I wanted to get some protein in with the beans and turkey meat.  There's no way I can eat a piece of chicken right now! I feel restriction and not much of a desire to eat, but its really too soon to tell. It could be that Im in pain, and my insides are tender. I am looking forward to see how it goes this week. Dr. Bessler wants to see  me in a month. If I need another procedure, he will do it then. Im still looking to get a Lap Band, but my employer chose to exclude Bariatric surgery.  Im not heavy enough either, but i have a way to get around that. Im seeking legal help from Gary. He is great. Wel take care everyone. I will let you know of my progress.
darnell239
on 5/3/08 10:22 am - Columbia, SC
Dazzling Eyes, It is great seeing you back on the forum.  I was wondering what happened to you.  I hope your sclerotherapy goes well and you get the result you desire.  Please keep the board posted on how effective this procedure was for you.  Many times people will have a new procedure post about it and you want hear back from them 3,6, or 9 months out to see if the procedure is effective.
Cheryl J.
on 5/5/08 1:21 am
H Darnell, The sclero... went okay. Very painful though. Im on day 3, and most of the pain went away.  I feel some restriction. I have noticed that Im getting fuller faster, but I am sure there's some swelling. I heard it takes 6 to 8 weeks to feel the full effect. My doctor wants me to come in for follow-up in a month. Also I can get a 2nd treatment next month. I am still looking into getting a lap band. I have to get my medical records together to send to the attorney.  I feel the lap band is the better choice over any endoscopic stoma plication procedure.
jacquelyn7
on 6/6/08 11:38 am - Wall Township, NJ
hi there, i just wanted to reach out to you after reading your post. i also had the EROS procedure with Bessler in 2007....it did absolutely nothing. i just had a full revision with my original surgeon in NJ on may 19th. how is your Sclerotherapy working regarding weight loss? i'm not familiar with that at all, but i'm about to look it up! i wasn't able to get in to see Bessler for 4 months after my EROS!!! So, i figured, maybe it's a sign. lol i hope you're feeling better & doing well! Best regards, Jackie
Most Active