Monmouth, NJ ROSE UPDATE

patsy13215
on 4/30/08 11:03 pm - syracuse, NY
hi Dana;I hope they call you soon.Be sure to see if you can have your consult at the bariatric center and your consult with dr. Gorcey and endoscopy the same day,because of where you are coming from..Yes,your pouch and stoma have to be enlarged.Good luck and if any questions,let me know.I am very excited about it for a fresh start to get bak fully on track..patsy
littleguy
on 5/1/08 12:07 am
you are very welcome !
dana S.
on 5/1/08 12:54 am - brooklyn, NY
thank you patsy. are there any costs with the tests.    dana
patsy13215
on 5/1/08 11:07 am - syracuse, NY
Hi Dana; There was a $75.00 charge for the Nutrition consult yesterday.That was the same with my original bypass.Once one is approved,the cost of the procedure is covered for the rose trial.I am not sure about the initial endoscopy yesterday.I think it depends on your insurance and some other factors of the study.I am hoping that most of it might be covered..I did get a call today that i will be having the rose procedure on June 24th.I was instructed to get a clearance from my dr.,an ekg, and some LABS done.They will be sending me the needed labs.I am going there on June 11th for consents and meeting with Dr. Borao..I hope you get your call soon.  Patsy
katsunflw
on 5/1/08 2:31 am
Can you give a contact # for them??? Do they do a sleeve?? I think it is a riot, i live in Monmouth, ME!!! My dad went to Monmouth University yrs ago....
   ~Kat  

www.blazingstarstables1.com  
cmr3399
on 5/2/08 5:47 am - Bayville, NJ
HI all...I to have an appointment at Monmouth. I go on the 6th...all I can do is keep my fingers crossed that I make a good candidate. Good luck all. I'll keep you update on my appointment. Christine
patsy13215
on 5/2/08 6:25 am - syracuse, NY
hi christine;Good luck to you..Are you going the 6th of may or june?please keep us posted..  patsy
cmr3399
on 5/2/08 11:30 pm - Bayville, NJ
May 6th...I'm so excited 3 days away..YAAAAYYYY!!!!  I'll let you know how it goes!!!!
catbert
on 5/6/08 5:48 am - MN

I had my ROSE procedure on April 22 out of the Cinncinati Weight Loss Center by Drs. Watkins and Mobley.  First week was full liquids.  Week 2 and 3 are soft foods.  I completed week 2 and starting week 3 of my soft food diet. 

At this stage, I must say I am HIGHLY disappointed.  I have not lost one pound and actually gained 1.5 pounds.  You may be asking how this can happen.  I am asking that as well.  I work out 4-5 times per week for 45-60 minutes.  Eating the soft foods slowly with no liquids before, during or after.  The difference is that I do not feel full at all.  I am able to eat the same amount as I did pre ROSE with the only difference being that the food is soft.

I am wondering if my stomach is stretchier or more elastic than what it looked like under the scope when they did the procedure.  They only put in 1 anchor in the pouch and 2 around the stoma.  I am still able to swallow 6-7 pills with zero issues. 

I emailed the docs today about my concerns over the elasticity of the pouch & stoma and that perhaps when they looked under the scope they didn't realize that the lining is actually stretchier than what appeared under the scope.  I'm not sure what is going on, but hopefully I 'll find out soon. 

I paid $14,000 out of my own pocket with the understanding that my pouch and stoma were being put back to where they were post gastric bypass I had 6 years ago.
Most Active