RNY pouch and stomach reconnecting

larra
on 5/2/08 11:21 am - bay area, CA
I'm so sorry you're having problems with a fistula, which is most definitely NOT your fault! But it doesn't make sense to me that Stomaphyx would help with this and I would love to know Dr. Husted's opinion about that after your have your consultation with him. Could you please let me know? Thanks so much! Larra 
specialwalnut
on 5/7/08 4:47 am - Bedford, VA
Mary, I also live in Va. I am interested in going to New Jersery to get my DS also. could you e-mail me at crb0809@ aol.com and give me more info about this.  I had RNY in June 2000 and have gained 50 lb. back and need help asap. I had looked into the Stomaphyx and the Rose, but from what I am reading on board this is not going to help me.  So, if you could please e-mail me with info I would be thankful. 
mollybearsmom
on 5/2/08 9:52 pm - Dahlonega, GA
Hi Everyone, I had my phone consult with Dr. Husted yesterday and I have decided to seek a revision to DS. We really didn't talk about how the stomaphyx would correct the gastro-gastric fistula but from everything I have been reading, the results haven't been as promising with stomaphyx as I would like.  I really have about 80-100 lbs. to lose so that coupled with the fact that my pouch is L shaped and would make it harder to do the stomaphyx effectively had me leaning more toward a revision to DS to begin with, Dr. Husted just confirmed for me that was be a better path to take. I will be starting the journey to insurace approval next week...wish me luck!!! Susan
happy girl
on 5/4/08 2:42 am
Susan, I am SO glad this is the path you are taking.  I have heard so many wonderful things about Dr Husted.  Well worth the travel IMHO.  And yes, I totally agree, the stomaphyx wasn't for your situation. WOOHOO, I am really excited for you.  Please keep us posted on your insurance approval.  I know the folks on the DS board will help you out if you come up against any roadblocks!

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

Most Active