rose procedure

catbert
on 5/6/08 6:13 am - MN
I had my ROSE procedure on April 22 out of the Cinncinati Weight Loss Center by Drs. Watkins and Mobley.  First week was full liquids.  Week 2 and 3 are soft foods.  I completed week 2 and starting week 3 of my soft food diet.
  At this stage, I must say I am HIGHLY disappointed.  I have not lost one pound and actually gained 1.5 pounds.  You may be asking how this can happen.  I am asking that as well.  I work out 4-5 times per week for 45-60 minutes.  Eating the soft foods slowly with no liquids before, during or after.  The difference is that I do not feel full at all.  I am able to eat the same amount as I did pre ROSE with the only difference being that the food is soft.
I am wondering if my stomach is stretchier or more elastic than what it looked like under the scope when they did the procedure.  They only put in 1 anchor in the pouch and 2 around the stoma.  I am still able to swallow 6-7 pills with zero issues. 
I emailed the docs today about my concerns over the elasticity of the pouch & stoma and that perhaps when they looked under the scope they didn't realize that the lining is actually stretchier than what appeared under the scope.  I'm not sure what is going on, but hopefully I 'll find out soon. 
I paid $14,000 out of my own pocket with the understanding that my pouch and stoma were being put back to where they were post gastric bypass I had 6 years ago.
cmr3399
on 4/29/08 7:25 am - Bayville, NJ
I recieved my call back and go for my first appointment with the Nutri on staff on the 6th...I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!!
Strawberry2
on 4/30/08 8:19 am

Hey chris - I got a call from them too -all I did was answer some basic question and they ladt said someone will be calling me back - i got home and there was a message on the phone for me to contact them  -  I have a question - do you have to pay for this at all?

cmr3399
on 5/2/08 11:41 pm - Bayville, NJ

From What I was told....you only have to pay $75.00 for your nuri visit...after that if you are a candidate everything is covered...We'll see...3 days till my visit....

Mom21
on 4/30/08 3:47 am - Somewhere in the cornfields, IL

Ok, what is the Rose procedure?   Thanks, Deanna

weight loss weblog 

Arizonadck
on 5/3/08 1:18 am - Chicago, IL

Hi - it stands for:  Restorative Obesity Surgical Endoscopy (ROSE).  They repair your stoma and/or pouch (through your mouth) w/an endoscope.  It's a special tool that can make your stoma and/or pouch smaller by crimping it w/calibrated stitches.  It's pretty new.  I was part of a clinical trial in Cincinnati on March.  My stoma was enlarged.  During the procedure they had to stop because the tool wouldn't pass through my pouch to get to the stoma - although in December I had had an EGD which showed me to be a good candidate.  They must have mismeasured it.  So, now I'm looking into either the StomaphyX or an open revision.  How about you?  Car

Most Active