rose procedure

dana S.
on 4/28/08 9:13 am - brooklyn, NY
HI ANYONE HAD THE ROSE PROCEDURE DONE? I DID SIGN UP WITH MONMOUTH IN N.J. I CALLED TODAY AND THEY WILL BE CALLING ME SHORTLY.      DANA
MsCin
on 4/28/08 9:16 am
Dana, That's what they have told alot of us.  Just make sure you follow up with them because they are not good at returning phone calls.
Cheryl Gebbie
on 4/28/08 10:38 am - Knoxville, TN
I had the ROSE procedure this past Wednesday at Georgetown KY ....so far so good ....I would call and check on the program at Monmouth ...make sure they dont forget you ...(squeeky wheel gets the oil) Cheryl
patsy13215
on 5/1/08 11:30 am - syracuse, NY
hi cheryl;how are you doing??Are you feeling well from your procedure??Do you feel a new restriction? Are you happy you had it done?/I am scheduled for june 24th/  patsy
Cheryl Gebbie
on 5/1/08 2:55 pm - Knoxville, TN
Yes I am feeling the restriction ...and in this past week have lost 12 lbs .....I am glad i had it done but if you had asked me a day or two aftre I would have said WHY ME ....the clear liquids just got to me ....am on full liquids til next week then can have a fw other things ....I did get a UTI for some reason and I retain fluids bad when I get those ....soooo hopefully once the antibiotic kicks in I will be at a larger loss...... :D Good luck with yours Cheryl
patsy13215
on 5/2/08 6:33 am - syracuse, NY
Hi cheryl;it sounds like you are doing great! wow..12 pounds.wonderful!!Keep up the great job!! Patsy
mlpandbaby
on 5/2/08 2:23 am
Hi Everyone...My name is Michelle.  I met Patsy in Dr. Gorcey's office on Wed.  Hi Patsy.  I am a canidate for the ROSE procedure.  I am schedualed for May 22nd.  I am so excited to be a part of this study.   Talk soon..michelle
patsy13215
on 5/2/08 6:35 am - syracuse, NY
hi Michelle; great to hear from you!!So glad you got approved also. My surgery is scheduled for june 24th.That is great that you are going so soon.Keep us posted....patsy
Arizonadck
on 5/3/08 1:10 am - Chicago, IL
Hi Patsy.  I'm new to the OH Forums and was reading about the StomaphyX and ROSE which led me to your posts.  I live in Chicago.  I was part of a clinical trial in Cincinnati for the ROSE.  In Dec I had an EGD which showed my stoma enlarged so I was a good candidate.  I travelled to Cincinnati on March 7th.  An hour into the procedure they had to stop - said my pouch was too small for the tool to pass thru to get to the stoma.  I was devastated and upset - in Dec they measured my pouch and it was fine - they said it must have shrunk.  My bypass surgical nurse said it didn't shrink - they mismeasured.  Did you ever get an answer from that doctor  about the difference between the ROSE and StomaphX?  I'm wondering - if it's different then perhaps I could look into it.  I have an appt w/my bypass doctor Wed to discuss revisions - but he does them open and I don't know if I'm up to an open surgery.  I don't even know if there are different types of revisions offered.  My weight history is pretty much similar to yours.  I had my bypass June '03 - I was 350.  I lost 170 pounds and have since gained back 35.  So you're having the ROSE on June 24th - right?  Let me know how it goes!!  Car
picadilly34
on 5/27/08 7:08 am - NY, NY
I am playing phone tag with the doctors office. What kind of questions do they ask u. I had the first call back I do qualify, what is next? Does anyone know if you have to fight insurances.  Thanks Melissa
Most Active