Stomaphyx

MsCin
on 5/2/08 7:18 am
So what's the scoop on everyone else that had this procedure?
crzytaylor
on 5/3/08 1:45 pm

Hello, had Stomaphyx on April 15th , my Doctor tried to glue my fistula together and use the Stomaphx tool on the leak we thought he had it fixed. I went back for a uper GI on the 28th and I still have the leak. I went in to this surgery hoping for the best but not sure if the glue would work, on the bright side I have lost 16pds and  my pouch is very tiny I get full very fast my Doctor says with the leak I am not getting the full benafit like I had with the original RNY more so like I have a band, I was a bit disappointed about the fistula but I have decided that I will work with this tool that I have and  try my best to eat healthy food, I have about 40 more pds to lose, also I dont get hungry like I did before the stomaphyx  well thats my update, thanks Cheryl

MsCin
on 5/4/08 12:51 am
My brother seen Dr. Pleatman in Michigan just last Wed and he was told that he has a leak in the fistula as well.  The doc did say he could go in an repair it at the same time of the stomaphyx procedure.  I will have to ask my brother what the doc told him on how he will repair the staple line. 
crzytaylor
on 5/5/08 12:03 pm
Hello, thanks please let me know what your brother finds out, thanks  Cheryl
Most Active