Hi everyone

AmandaDelhi
on 4/27/08 9:26 am - Delhi, CA
I had surgery of july 2003 I started at 252 went down to 156 almost 100 pounds but know I climbimg back up No matter what i do i notice i am always hungry  i don't seem to get full I weigh 183 and i don't want to gain anymore
nnnancy
on 4/27/08 11:06 am - Peyton, CO
Hi, Amanda! Have you spoken with your doc? Your surgery may have been compromised in some way ~ staple-line disruption, stretched stoma. There are fixes for these. Or, you may just need to take back control of your tool and go back to basics. I'd check in with my doc if it were me....     Good Luck!! 

Nancy

reenieb
on 4/27/08 11:02 pm
RNY on 03/08/04 with
Hi Amanda. Insatiable hunger so far out from your original surgery can be an indicator of a dialated stoma opening and/or stretched pouch. The hunger stems from the food you are ingesting is not able to stay in your pouch long enough for you to absorb the nutrients, including the food properties that keep you feeling full and satisfied.  I advise you make an appointment with your bariatric surgeon and ask him/her to scope you to determine the measurements of your pouch and stoma - then you can take it from there in terms of what needs to be done.  Best of luck, Maureen
linda249
on 4/28/08 1:27 am - xenia, IL
that is a very good answer because that is exactly what was going on with me and my Dr. did what is called scleratherapy on the stoma to reduce the size of the opening and he said it was not as invasive as the stomaphyX so that is what I had done and I think it is working wonderful I have lost 10 or 11 lbs. since the procedure and that was on april16th at DePaul Health Center at Bridgeton Mo. phone is 314-344-6800 if you need to ask about this procedure
reenieb
on 4/28/08 3:12 am
RNY on 03/08/04 with
Oh, I am confused. Your original post says you are gaining weight, but your response to me says you are losing weight. What is scleratherapy, when did you have this done? What exactly is done during the procedure? Thanks. Maureen
linda249
on 4/28/08 6:06 am - xenia, IL
Hi I'm sorry I was confusing, I had the sclerotherapy done on april 16th 2008 at DePaul Health Center at Bridgeton Mo.  I had my RNY on Aug. 9th of 2006 they can only do this on people that have had WLS. I thought there must be something wrong since I was not losing any weight for almost a year and then I thought I must be eating too much  and that was pretty much what the problem was. Dr. Scott said we needed to do an endoscopy to look at the stomach to see if it was alright and not gottten any bigger than it was supposed to be, But one thing I need to tell you NO I did not gain any weight so to speak, you know how we can flucuate in a few days up and down but no I really had not gained any weight, but Dr. did say it was up 3 lbs. since the last time I was there which was like Sept. maybe of 2007. So when he did the endoscopy it was also able to see the stoma to see if it had enlarged and he said it HAD he said my food was not staying in the stoma long enough for me to feel ful long enough, and I was wanting to eat again too soon, because my food was going on thru, needless to say I was eating too much, What he does is inject the stoma with whatever he uses I did not ask what it was, that was of no need for me to know that ,but anyway he said it will cause the stoma to scar, thus making the opening smaller, and he also said this was far less invasive than the stomaphyX, he does the injection while he is down the throat doing the endoscopy so it is all done down the throat and no insision at all, and it is not near envolved sounding as the stomaphyX to me  
Most Active