Hi, I just found Y'all!

nnnancy
on 4/26/08 10:35 am, edited 4/26/08 10:37 am - Peyton, CO
Just found this board after mostly hanging out on the main. I had a revision from lap-band to simplified bypass 11 months ago, and am doing great.! I was utterly miserable with the band; I know it works well for some but I was always too tight (couldn't keep anything down) or too loose (could eat the entire contents of the refridgerator, and the pantry for dessert!) I've lost all but 7 lbs to goal, and I'm pretty sure I have that much just in excess skin ~ which I will get to keep as a souvenier, as I will never be able to afford plastics! Just wanted to say hi...!

Nancy

(deactivated member)
on 4/27/08 7:30 am - Brampton, Canada
Nancy glad you found a surgery that worked!
keenergel
on 4/27/08 9:12 am - OH
nnancy, I love the Umbridge picture.  Good luck on  your revision.  What is a simplified bypass?
nnnancy
on 4/27/08 11:01 am - Peyton, CO
Umbridge, the woman you love to hate...! A simplified bypass is much like the "mini" gastric bypass (although a certain doc has a copyright on that name, so other docs cannot use it). My pouch is banana-shaped, and I have one limb leading away from it instead of two. Kinda wish my doc had bypassed a little more, but then again, if I lose anymore weight in my face/neck/shoulder areas, I'm gonna look like an aged turkey ~ so I guess it's okay!

Nancy

Most Active