NJ Revision Doc's - seeking your recommendations...

Val~
on 4/25/08 3:14 pm
Wow... I haven't posted on OH in years - it's nice to be back.....wi**** was under different cir****tances though.... I had my RNY in 2001 - went to 185 and now am back up to 260.  Needless to say I feel like failure and would like to explore revision surgery.  Back then there wasn't much post operative instructions, support, etc., and the group of my peers (who had the same doc) all have not experienced the weight loss that we expected - I think I was bypassed 90cm - it feels almost as though I was opened and closed right back up again - I can eat anything BUT healthy foods, they do not sit well and make me sick.  During a recent GB surgery the surgeon said I was intact but stretched out.  He never mentioned any options for fixing it just said it was stretched and made me feel like I was a loser...... I need to do something about this because it is severly affecting not only my health but my mental status because I am so down on myslelf for being a failure.... AND I have now been diagnosed with fibromaylgia and other pain issues - the doc for that said that it could be post effects of the RNY AND my weight gain was making it worse. ~oh, and I need to add a new tagline... take all of your vits - calcium included - or it could cost you dearly... I am looking at thousands of dollars in dental work, dentist attributed it to my surgery...ugh...~ But, enough of my whining - can anyone recommend a Dr in NJ, southern part if possible that does revisions and does them well? Thanks for your help :)

<-- Disregard that data - apparently I am a LOON because I can't figure out how to change it.  
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with catsup!

Donna O
on 4/25/08 8:41 pm - Phila, PA
hi Val, I feel your pain.  I am looking to a surgeon as well.  I live in SJ and I am told that a Dr. brolin in Princeton NJ is good.  I went to see him and I am sure what I think of him.  I don't know if it is me becasue everyone speaks so highly of him.  He is little far ride for me but I am told he is worth it.
m.espoir
on 4/26/08 2:55 pm - NJ
LADIES!!!!! Look into going to my surgeon, he has done many revisions now, lots of RNY to DS. His practice does all 4 types of surgeries! www.southjerseybariatrics.com Call him!
"Don't expect.......Suggest." ......–The Edge
Lap Band 2/26/03---lost 80 pounds!
FAILED (Erosion/emergency removal) 4/4/07, Gained ALL weight back 8/29/07 
Approved for DS 10/09/07

DS performed successfully 10/29/07
1st Hernia repair and vertical TT 1/15/09
2nd Hernia repair and small vertical TT 12/27/2010
HW  SW   CW   GW       240 225 159 135
(5ft.2in.)

Marie Kruse
on 4/27/08 2:02 am - Pine Hill, NJ
I agree! I have done a lot of Southern NJ research about Revisions and I also highly recommend Dr. Greenbaum if you are considering Revisional Surgery. I'm in the final approval stages at this point and just waiting to convert my RNY to a DS. He is extremely experienced and knowledgable which is absolutely necessary when doing a revision which is more challanging than regualr WLS. I also recommend seriously considering the DS... it has the most chance of success with Revisions in comparison to just adjusting what you currently have. The DS has a proven track record for weight coming off and staying off! Best of luck!
Rhett001
on 4/28/08 9:42 am
I had stomach stapling in the early 80's. I lost about 100 pounds, but I started gaining weight. And yes I feel like a failure also. I am seeing a Doctor in Nashville TN. He said my staple line came undone...He is wating for me to make the decision of the type of surgery I want...Bypass vs. DS. Why did you decide to have the DS instead of the bypass? Thanks
(deactivated member)
on 4/27/08 4:00 am - TX

Well, I was going to suggest Dr. Greenbaum and a revision to the DS but I see I'm a day late and a dollar short.

I love my DS and my profile is open if you'd like to see pictures of my journey.

Good luck ladies.  I know the feelings you're having.

Val~
on 4/27/08 4:04 pm
Thanks everyone for all of the great info.  I think I will check out Dr. Greenbaum.....

<-- Disregard that data - apparently I am a LOON because I can't figure out how to change it.  
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with catsup!

SophieGrace
on 5/1/08 2:27 am - IL
Dr. Daniel Herron at Mt. Sinai in NYC. It's worth the trip.  I came from south of Chicago to see him.  Best of the best.

SophieGrace 

littleguy
on 5/1/08 5:18 am
I would Give Dr Borao at monmouth a call. Unless for some reason you are not a candidate, The ROSE procedure would be your best bet. The weight regain may not be your fault. Many RNY's were probably not small enough in the first place and didnt necessarily stretch.There is NO POSTOP Recouperation since it is Incision-less. check my other posts. good luck !
Most Active