GERD/Acid Reflux - Revision Surgery Scheduled

Icantiemyshoe
on 4/25/08 9:52 pm - Highlands, TX
Revision on 05/09/08 with
I had the lap band surgery October 17, 2005. I have lost 71 lbs. I am now weighing 184.5. I look great but feel horrible all the time due to acid reflux/GERD. I have such horrible symptoms I hate going to bed at night and I hate waking up if I ever sleep. I have had every type of medication there is for acid reflux nothing has worked. The suggestion was to remove my band or have the by-pass. I know that if the band is removed I will gain my weight back. I refuse to be fat again. So, I am having the by-pass on May 9th. I am scared just as I was when I made the initial decision to go for the by-pass. This time my fear is I may loss to much weight. I am now weighing 184.5 My desire is to be no smaller than 130. Is that possible that I want loose no more than 50 lbs?
move2lose
on 4/28/08 1:04 am - Australia
I'm sorry I can't really help as I am waiting for my surgery, but if you are worried about loosing too much weight, have you considered the vertical sleeve gastrectomy which does not have the malabsorption element that the bypass has? Have you spoken to your surgeon about these fears?  He might be able to do a smaller section for the malabsorption part of the surgery or something? m2
Most Active