rose procedure cincinnati ohio

ice-cream
on 4/25/08 10:39 am
have anyone been involved in the clincial trials for the rose procedure at cincinnati weight loss center with dr. brad watkins and dr. john mobley.  how would you rate these two doctors
wigglypoo
on 4/28/08 1:24 pm - Sturgis, MI
i am going down to one of the seminars in may. i read you are from michigan(or at least your doctor used to be) so it would be great to know someone at the seminar, wigglypoo
ice-cream
on 4/29/08 12:21 pm

are you from michigan and will you be having the procedure doing the time of the seminar.  will yoy have to come back.  please e-mail me and let me know how you are coming along.

catbert
on 5/6/08 6:16 am - MN
I had my ROSE procedure on April 22 out of the Cinncinati Weight Loss Center by Drs. Watkins and Mobley.  First week was full liquids.  Week 2 and 3 are soft foods.  I completed week 2 and starting week 3 of my soft food diet.
  At this stage, I must say I am HIGHLY disappointed.  I have not lost one pound and actually gained 1.5 pounds.  You may be asking how this can happen.  I am asking that as well.  I work out 4-5 times per week for 45-60 minutes.  Eating the soft foods slowly with no liquids before, during or after.  The difference is that I do not feel full at all.  I am able to eat the same amount as I did pre ROSE with the only difference being that the food is soft.
I am wondering if my stomach is stretchier or more elastic than what it looked like under the scope when they did the procedure.  They only put in 1 anchor in the pouch and 2 around the stoma.  I am still able to swallow 6-7 pills with zero issues. 
I emailed the docs today about my concerns over the elasticity of the pouch & stoma and that perhaps when they looked under the scope they didn't realize that the lining is actually stretchier than what appeared under the scope.  I'm not sure what is going on, but hopefully I 'll find out soon. 
I paid $14,000 out of my own pocket with the understanding that my pouch and stoma were being put back to where they were post gastric bypass I had 6 years ago.
Most Active