Surgeon says he will do revison...

DianeI
on 4/24/08 8:25 am - MD
He isn't hot on the idea but said he will do a revision. I will more than likely go to distal. I would like some feedback with others who have gone from RNY proximal to RNY distal.  With my weight up to 50% of what I lost now, I have a BMI of  39.2, my blood pressure is back up even with 4 meds, to 180/130. I can't think of any reason I would not be approved by insurance for a revision. If you know of other things, please let me know. Thank you! Diane
antiques55
on 4/24/08 9:22 am - Somewhere, MD
Look forward to hearing what others have to say.  Do you have a date yet? 
DianeI
on 4/24/08 9:52 am - MD
I just got the email today saying he will go forward with the revision. I have to gather all my info and get with his secretary tomorrow. Insurance will now be an obstacle, I'm sure.  Nice corresponding with you Lori!!
Nancy K.
on 4/24/08 1:03 pm - Joliet, IL
If you need questions answered ther is a lady on the DS forum that is an expert on the distal RNY. She is called Vitalady. She is sooo nice and will help you out.
Good Luck.
LosingSally
on 4/30/08 3:55 pm
These days distal only means going from maybe 50cm bypassed to 150cm bypassed. Better would be what's now called Extended RNY, the true distal, which is a short common channel, like between 100 to 200 cm common channel, bypassing 300-500 cm. Ask which your surgeon intends to do. There won't be much more weight loss if it's only an increase in bypassed intestines from 50 or so, to 150 cm. People who have proximal, and those who have what's called distal, lose the same amount of weight.
Most Active