Surgeon & PCP Clearances Tomorrow!

MARCIAM
on 4/23/08 3:42 pm - Sayville, NY
Tomorrow is a big day for me - I'm going to my surgeon to talk about a revision to RNY and to my PCP for clearance for my endoscopy and my surgery too. I also have to talk to both of them about my non-stop reflux. I have had enough reflux and now to add to that lots of food is getting stuck. I get the golfball feeling at every meal. Following this on Friday I have two tests at the cardiologist - a chemical stress test and an echo cardiogram. I'll be a wreck by the weekend... 
Marcia 297/169 so far/140
RNY on 9/22/08
My life is starting over & yours can too!

antiques55
on 4/24/08 9:16 am - Somewhere, MD

Good luck, Marcia.  Look forward to hearing how things go.

Did you always have the "golf ball" sensation or is that a new development?  I've been having that problem a lot more often lately although it was never a problem before now. 

MARCIAM
on 4/24/08 11:52 am - Sayville, NY
I've only had the acid reflux and golfball feeling since Easter. The doctor gave me an unfill today and took out half of the saline in my band. I'll have to wait and see what happens from here out. Thanks for the good wishes!
RNY on 9/22/08

Brittwoman
on 4/24/08 11:15 am - West Babylon, NY
{{{Marcia}}} When I had my band and all the reflux problems, the gastro MD put me on Carafate and Reglan and it helped so MUCH!! I also had a total unfill Keep us posted on how things are going and if I can help you in anyway....just drop me a PM!

Jane
                  Weight loss since begining WLS journey -141lbs!     

** Ticker shows weight loss since Day of Revision Surgery **

MARCIAM
on 4/24/08 12:00 pm - Sayville, NY
Hi Jane! I asked the gastro doctor for a prescription of something. He said that he won't give me anything until after the endoscopy because the prescription meds could mask the problem. He said I can only take over the counter stuff until after 5/5.  Today Dr. Cussatti removed 1/2 the saline from my band. - 4.5cc taken out.  He said to call him in a couple of days if I don't start feeling better. Unfortunately the reflux is worse today and certainly not better. Tomorrow I have a stress test and echo cardiogram so I'm trying to put it all out of my mind until these 2 tests are done.  BTW the abdominal ultrasound showed that I have gall stones and that he will take out my gall bladder at the same time as the revision.  There is just never a dull moment with me. Marcia
RNY on 9/22/08

Most Active