How much is a revision from VSG to RNY?

GlitterGal
on 4/20/08 10:26 am - Edmond, OK
Has anyone had to have this done and, if so, what did it cost if you were self-pay? Thanks in advance!
keenergel
on 4/21/08 4:41 am - OH
Can't answer your question, but am curious since I will be going from a VBG to a sleeve.  What don't you like about the sleeve?
GlitterGal
on 4/21/08 5:14 am - Edmond, OK
Actually, I love everything about the sleeve.  But I'm concerned at to whether or not I can lose all the weight I need to on it.  I need to lose about 134 pounds and that's a whole person!  Maybe I need the RNY but I really, really don't want to do that!  Mabye I've answered my own question and should stick with the VSG. What's a VBG?
Redhaired
on 4/23/08 6:45 am - Mouseville, FL
Have you considered the DS? 

keenergel
on 4/24/08 12:36 am - OH
Vertical Band Gatroplasty.  I had mine 12 years ago.  I lost 110 regained 130.  How has your hunger been with the sleeve?  That is my main concern.  THe VBG did nothing to alleviate hunger.  Even when I was losing, I was starved.
(deactivated member)
on 4/27/08 10:27 am
You can easily lose 134 lbs with VSG .  We have lots of people who lose more than that in less than 1 year. If you ever felt like you needed to lose more than the DS is the next best step since we have the same stomach as a DSer.
~~Sami~~ *.
on 4/23/08 7:53 am - Jacksonville, FL
I'm assuming it would be similar to any self-pay RNY... as the sleeve should not make things more difficult for the surgeon. Are you open to going out of the country or would you want to stay in the US?

Lap-Band June 14, 2001. Dr. Rumbaut, Monterrey, Mexico.
Lap-Band removed after 7 years and converted to Sleeve Gastrectomy on July 7, 2008 by Dr. Roslin.  I've had three happy healthy Lap-Band babies.... and one VSG baby.  5 years out from revision to VSG.  Gained 55 pounds in past 5 months, now considering DS. :(

GlitterGal
on 4/24/08 7:10 am - Edmond, OK

I am pre-op for the VSG so I can't tell you about the hunger yet.  I am told that because they remove the portion of the stomach that produces the hormone grehlin, that hunger is very well contained.  You should post on the VSG board and see what they have to say.  It's a good question.

Sarita
on 4/24/08 4:12 pm - Winnie, TX
hi Ihad a vgb in 98. I had my revision, RNY, Nov 30,o7 and have lost 70lbs. Dr. Robert Davis of Houston, Tx did my surgery. I'm a self pay and it cost me 30,000. dollars for surgery. I'm not rich but I manage with my husband to come up with money. I'm really  very lucky to have had this done. i pray I don't regain cause i've read all the stories and What Dr. S. says on this board.  I think if I had it to doover I would do the DS.  Good Luck on your decision.
SARITA
                  "Love is a tree, and lovers are  the shade quote by rumi
Most Active