StomaphyX

razorsgerl
on 4/22/08 3:04 am - Santa Maria, CA
I had my original gastric bypass (not lapband, I have the full zipper from my breast bone to my belly button) in 2000.  Day of surgery I was 509, I got down to 260 but had a baby in 2004 and I am now back up to 400.  I am desperately looking for help.  Does this StomaphyX work for anyone who is looking for a revision or only those who need to lost a small amount of weight.  A lot of my comorbidities are coming back, specifically, sleep apnea, and I am just so afraid of not waking up.  Any advice would help, I live in California.
JROLFSON
on 4/22/08 3:52 am - St. George, UT

Hello Razorsgerl: I don't believe Stomaphyx would be a good fix for you. They tell you it's really good for those who only expect to lose about 40-60 lbs. It sounds like you would be a good revision candidate for a Extended RNY or DS. Both of those procedures produce better and longer lasting results from what I've read on the Forum here. Dr. Eric Schlessinger has posted some excellent information regarding revisions and is usually open to taking your emails with giving you answers on these types of questions. Good Luck in your research, that is absolutely key here....Research, Research, Research....Whats good for one isn't always good for another. JRolfson

christineneale
on 4/23/08 1:38 am - tampa, FL
wow ladies! I am in shock about the 2 weeks on liquid diet ! i had open rny surgery jan 03 and was never even put on a liquid diet!! i am having a revision may 14 im having stomaphyx and having more intestine bypassed also getting a blind loop fixed   
reenieb
on 4/24/08 12:24 am
RNY on 03/08/04 with
Hi Christine, I was very worried about having to be on liquids for a full two weeks, never thought I could do it. I'm on the 2nd week now and it's really been quite manageable. I've not been hungry, although it's difficult to be around the smell of food cooking - my husband and son are both being very good about cooking and eating when I'm not around.  I AM looking forward to starting Phase 2 (soft foods) next Wednesday! So far, I'm down 13 lbs. from my endoscopic procedure (the RestorE procedure) on 4/16.  Don't stress it - most of this is all about what we make up our minds to achieve - our success is much more predicated on our mind-set than the state of our bodies. Be well, Maureen
Most Active