StomaphyX

crzytaylor
on 4/20/08 11:32 am
Hello, I had my original surgery in 1996 I maintained my weight loss until last summer when I started regaining weight ,I knew something was wrong and saw my surgeon in September of 07 I had an Endoscopy done and found that I had a stapleline breakdown and that my pouch had  also enlarged,  I had the Stomaphyx procedure on April 15,2008  I am on full liquids for 2 wks, so far I have lost about 10 pds and I need to lose about 50 pds overall,      I was the first patient done at my hospital  in NC and I hope that I have great sucess with this procedure only time will tell, I have not been hungry at all I just want to eat  but I am going to do what my doctor wants me to do I need to make this work for me, I hope that people on this board that had the procedure before me will keep posting with their updates good or bad, thanks Cheryl
pepsi98
on 4/20/08 8:11 pm - Norwich, CT
I had stomaphyx on 2/1 and initially lost 17 lbs as of my last post op on 3/20.  Since then I feel as though a train out of control and truly feel as though I've gained it back...I am going to change my appointment on 4/24 to sometime in May so I will post then.  I do not have much restriction (if at all) and it is difficult to realize that the procedure really has put little barriers in place to physically keep me from eating.  I wish you luck!!
crzytaylor
on 4/20/08 10:33 pm
Hello, thanks please keep us updated if you dont mind,   Cheryl
reenieb
on 4/21/08 12:21 am
RNY on 03/08/04 with
Hello Cheryl, I had endoscopic surgery the day after you did, 4/16, to reduce the size of my stoma opening.  I am also following the Stages diet, beginning with two weeks of liquids. So far, I am down 11 lbs. and feeling quite strong. I am beginning to feel hungry, however.  Do you still feel a sense of restriction? I did so the first three days but now I am able to drink very comfortably with no feelings of discomfort or fullness.  This worries me.  I'm also concerned that I have not had a bowel movement since the day of my surgery, nearly a week ago - if anyone can offer an advice on this, I'd surely appreciate knowing what to do.  I am happy to have dropped so much weight so quickly and I am feeling quite energetic and strong, physically.  How are you feeling overall? What is your next stage of eating - what will you be allowed to eat? Thanks. Maureen
crzytaylor
on 4/21/08 10:50 am

Hello, Maureen  I do not feel restriction but I am on liquids and liquids have never filled me up, I drink prune juice and that seems to have done the trick with the bowel movements, I feel good really more energy now than before the surgery, I go for an Upper GI on the 28th of this month to make sure that everything is okay  I will also see my DR aqain on that day,I will let you know how it turns out,my next stage of eating will be soft foods,I hope you will keep me updated on your progress also,

Cheryl

Betsy C.
on 4/21/08 6:19 am - Efland, NC
What hospital in NC is doing the procedure?

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

crzytaylor
on 4/21/08 10:53 am
Hello, I had my surgery at Pitt Memorial in Greenville NC, ECU School OF Medicine is where my My Dr is,
DivaDee
on 4/21/08 9:06 am - Kaneohe, Hi
Did any of oyu have to pay out of pocket for the surgery? Was any of it covered t all? Do you guys feel now that you have had the stomaphyx that maybe it was not worth it in the long run?
crzytaylor
on 4/21/08 11:10 am

Hello, I had to pay for my procedure, my insurance will not cover anything concerning weightloss,

Cheryl

sbcron
on 7/9/08 11:48 pm - Apex, NC
Hi, CrzyTaylor. I live in NC, too but I think I saw you were in Wilmington. I am in Apex close to Raleigh and am interested in this procedure. Can you ballpark what it cost you for the procedure? I do not believe my insurance would pay anything either. I am still looking for a doc -- I know they do it in Greenville but would prefer Raleigh or Durham. Thanks for any input.
Most Active