Any success with ROSE in MA or close to MA?

(deactivated member)
on 4/18/08 1:50 am

I was part of a clinical trial for the ROSE procedure, found out I am a good candidate but no success with BCBS of MA, denial and two appeal denials...bumped off the study.  I know I need to have a revision of some sort done because both my pouch and stoma are too large, but I had too many complications to go under the knife again... wondering if anyone has any ideas? Thanks

Cheryl Gebbie
on 4/18/08 5:31 am - Knoxville, TN
I am sorry but if you are in the study then it should not have costed for anything but the blood work and scopes that your insurance should have covered ..the surgery itsself and doc fees ad such is covered under the Clinical Trial .... go to www.incissionlesssurgery.com I know they are doing it in Cin OH ....Georgetown KY and Roanoke VA and Mammoth NJ
(deactivated member)
on 4/18/08 8:10 am
The study team said that because they felt my original RNY was a failure due to the size of the stoma and pouch then it would have to go through insurance.  I see what you are saying though, that is how they originally presented the study as being no cost... Not sure how I'm going to do this, but I am going to - that is for certain!!!
Cheryl Gebbie
on 4/18/08 9:34 am - Knoxville, TN
I dunno ..unless cause it hadnt stretched .....cause my stoma and pouch is very large and its covering it ..... why dont you call Georgetown KY and talk to them there ..... here is the website ..... www.bluegrassbariatrics.com and see what they say. Cheryl
mommybear
on 4/26/08 4:05 am
Hi I was just noticing that you are from west townsend.I am from fitchburg.I am in the beginning stages for the ds.PM me if you want to talk.
Most Active