BCBS

M. Hall
on 4/18/08 9:13 am - Norcross, GA
Does BCBS pay for Revisions? And if so what kind did you have?
DivaDee
on 4/18/08 7:58 pm - Kaneohe, Hi
I am wondering the same thing!!!!
darnell239
on 4/18/08 9:45 pm - Columbia, SC
I have federal Blue Cross Blue Shield and I am in the process of seeking a revision.  From what they told me they would pay for a revision if there is a "mechanical" failure of the surgery only.   I hope that helps.
FIREMANTRB
on 4/19/08 3:41 am - OH

I have BCBS of the Mountain State.  I am being submitted for a revison from RNY to the band.   I have no idea if they will pay, but gotta try.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained (or lost I should say  )

hopper116
on 4/19/08 4:22 am - Murphy, NC
Hi there,  I have BCBS of NC, and I was approved for my revision, which I just had on April 7th.  I had an old VBG from 1987 (got it at age 15), and I was just revisised to the DS.  I had to travel out of state as there are not many DS surgeons that do revisions, but it was well worth it!  BCBS said you had to have a BMI greater than 40, or is slightly lower than 40, a couple of comorbidities such as sleep apnea, high blood pressure, diabetes, etc.  I was approved without any trouble.  The whole process took about 4 months. Good luck!  Just keep researching and asking lots of questions! Stephanie FULL DS REVISION on 04/07/08!!!  and 27 pounds lost!!!
robert B.
on 4/20/08 12:46 am - fair lawn, NJ
bsbc of new jersey rny to lap band i waited close to a year i just got approved
FIREMANTRB
on 4/20/08 4:52 am - OH
What do they consider a "mechanical failure"?  Would an enlarged stoma fall under this catagory?
robert B.
on 4/21/08 12:15 am - fair lawn, NJ
yes it would
FIREMANTRB
on 4/21/08 7:17 am - OH
  Great!  Thanks
Most Active