I Need Your Advice

MARCIAM
on 4/18/08 3:50 am - Sayville, NY
I was LapBanded in January of of 2006. I lost 85 pounds and have stopped losing. I really do my part but my doctors feel that the band has done all it is going to do for me... My surgeon feels that a revision to RNY will work for me and I have been seeing all the doctors for clearances. Last night I started having great anxiety doubting whether this will make a difference. I would appreciate some feedback from people who had a revision from the band to RNY.  Thanks you!
Marcia 297/169 so far/140
RNY on 9/22/08
My life is starting over & yours can too!

keenergel
on 4/18/08 4:01 am - OH
You might want to do more research.  GB is better than the band, but it too has a regain component as do all the WLSs.  DS may be a better choice  to consider.
MARCIAM
on 4/19/08 12:50 pm - Sayville, NY
Thank you
RNY on 9/22/08

Brittwoman
on 4/18/08 12:42 pm - West Babylon, NY
Hi Marcia All I can say is that I'm THRILLED with my revision!! I saw Dr Cussatti on 4/16 for my 6 month check-up and all my labs are PERFECT and the best part, my EWL is now at 87%. I'm 13 lbs to goal!! Dr Cussatti told me that I'm a SUCCESS...made me feel so special

Jane
                  Weight loss since begining WLS journey -141lbs!     

** Ticker shows weight loss since Day of Revision Surgery **

MARCIAM
on 4/18/08 1:57 pm - Sayville, NY
Congratulations Jane! You have done fantastically! I am so happy for you. I have an appointment with Dr. Cussatti on the 24th. Tomorrow I am going to the support group meeting at Good Sam. I have just a few more tests and I will have all of the letters I need. I hope that I will do as well as you have. I have been having constant reflux since Easter sunday. I am really ready to move on...
RNY on 9/22/08

Nancy K.
on 4/18/08 2:10 pm - Joliet, IL
Hello Marcia,
Can I ask if you have checked into the Ds for wls? Perhaps your surgeon does not do it but there are plenty in NY that do. Do yourself a favor and go hang out on the DS forum for awhile and check out www.duodnalswitch.com. You may just thank yourself later. Good luck on your revision.
MARCIAM
on 4/19/08 12:51 pm - Sayville, NY
Thank you very much.
RNY on 9/22/08

PekinSal
on 4/20/08 8:54 pm - UK
Marcia I had my lapband taken out in December, after not losing for about 18 months. I really wasn't convinced anything else would work, and wasn't keen on getting another surgery at first. I spoke to a good surgeon who does revisions and all the WLS types though, and felt really comfortable with his advice. I had the DS two weeks ago and I've already lost all the weight I put on after the band was removed, and I have to tell you that its fantastic! I have 'restriction' of a different kind - two tablespoons of something and I'm stuffed, I don't feel hungry, I can't stand the thought of sweet things (including chocolate) and best of all my diabetes is being cured.  I'm so relieved this is working, after thinking I was a failure with the band. So don't be scared, take your surgeon's advice and get back on the losing side.  Hugs Sal

DS revision from failed lapband

MARCIAM
on 4/21/08 2:14 pm - Sayville, NY
Thanks Sal! I wish you lots of continued good luck!
RNY on 9/22/08

hopper116
on 4/22/08 12:48 pm - Murphy, NC
Hi Marcia,  I too just had revision surgery.  I went from an old VBG (1987) to the DS.  The DS, by far, has the absolute best weight loss results as well as great stats as far as keeping the weight off.  My husband had the DS back in June of 2007, and he's already lost over 200 pounds.  It has literally saved his life.  I'm really not too familiar with the RNY.  I know results vary from person to person and it's a widely popular WLS.  A lady in my church had the RNY (she was over 400 pounds) and she just quit losing when she readched 120 pounds lost.  She never lost anymore, and that scared me as I have a lot to lose myself. I wish you the best in whatever decision you make.  Revision surgery can be scary, so be strong and keep pushing ahead! Take care and best of luck! Stephanie 

FULL DS Revision on 04/07/08!!!   No More VBG!  YEAH!!!

Most Active