Frustrated

Jeff_Fiala
on 4/17/08 2:34 pm - Puyallup, WA
Hello.. I had my Ry GBS back on march 20th2006. Iwas 540 when I started and with in the first 8 months I dropped to 390. SInce then I have been in a rut. On feb 15th of this year I had the ROSE done. I was  387 when I went in. I have dipped as low as 358 but now my wight seems to be climbing back up. I have had only liquids, protein, vitamis, and very soft foods. I am not sure why I am going back up... Any thoughts.

Jeff
Cynthia Johnson
on 4/17/08 4:51 pm
hey put a post to Dr. Eric Schlesinger on this site he may have an answer.
patsy13215
on 4/17/08 10:35 pm - syracuse, NY
HIJEFF; YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS. YOU HAVE COME A LONG WAY BABY FROM 540. I THINK OUR BODIES TRY TO HOLD ON TO THE OLD DAYS..30 POUNDS IN 2 MONTHS IS GREAT..I WOULD HANG IN THERE..I AM SCHEDULED FOR THE 3OTH FOR MY ROSE CONSULT.YOU HAVE INSPIRED MANY OF US LOOKING INTO THE ROSE....THANKYOU AND CHEER UP!!  PATSY
JeannieBVA1
on 4/18/08 11:02 am
Hello Jeff.. I have been following the Rose/Restore study for at least the past 6 months.   I can tell you that a 100% of the people I have chatted with had the same thing happen.  But don't worry...  The weight will start going back down.  I think that is just a normal reaction for the body to lose, then gain (a little) then start declining again. Don't freak out just yet.... Keep doing just what you are...  I remember when I had my original bypass in 1993... I was 289lbs.. at first, I lost 50 lbs in no time.. then I gained like 5lbs and was freaking out.... but then all of a sudden.. I dropped another 20 in no time.. finally I reached 165lbs.  Hang in there! Jeannie
(deactivated member)
on 4/18/08 1:48 pm
larra
on 4/19/08 7:45 am - bay area, CA

Hi, Jeff.    You actually have a very respectable weight loss from your RNY - 150 lb is not shabby. It's just that you started so high. And as far as the RoSE, stomaphyx and other variations, they are all so new that no one knows what the longterm results will be for any of them. I've seen some posts from people who lost weight at least in the short term, and others who didn't, and no one can say where any of them will end up. I hope it will work out for them.    Have you thought at all, though, about revision to the DS? It's a big step to take, for sure, but the DS has the best results in terms of percentage of excess weight loss, maintaining that weight loss, and resolution of comorbidities. Revisions are complicated operations and higher risk that doing the DS as a first operation, but can be done. At somewhere over 350 lbs, you probably still want to lose a good amount more weight, and this might be the way to do it.    With the DS we do need to eat protein first, take lots of vitamins and supplements every day, and get regular lab work. These things are not optional and are required to maintain good health. But tales of people with terrible diarrhea and bad smells are greatly exagerated. Most of us have an excellent quality of life and are very happy with choice.    Come on over to the DS board and learn more about it! Ask questions, you will get well informed answers, or just read what's there. You can ask others who have had revisions about their experience, get links to good articles, etc. Keep doing your research, and don't limit your options. Whatever you do I wish you all the best. Larra

Most Active