WLS Conference in Charlotte, NC (not OH)

juststeff
on 4/15/08 12:36 am - Charlotte, NC

Join Us!

Weight Loss Surgery Conference

Charlotte, NC

Success: After Weight Loss Surgery

Are you still losing? Have you stopped losing?

Are you regaining weight?

If you answered YES to any of these questions, you are not alone!

Come learn winning ways to lose. Join others who have chosen Weight Loss Surgery to improve their lives. Bond with those who are re-charging, re-focusing and revving-up their weight loss!

Featured speakers specializing in Bariatrics & Weight Loss Surgery will include:  Bariatric Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon, Mental Health Professionals, a Nurse, Physician Assistant, Exercise Physiologist, and Registered Dietician.

Keynote Speaker

Katie Jay: Director of the National Association for Weight Loss Surgery and author of “Small Bites: Daily Inspirations for Weight Loss Surgery Patients” & “ Dying to Change: My Really Heavy Life Story, How Weight Loss Surgery Gave Me Hope.”

When:     May 2nd- 4th, 2008

Where:    Charlotte University Hilton Hotel

8629 J M

Keyes Drive

Charlotte, NC 28262

How:      Return your registration form

by April 18th! Space is Limited!

For reservations call (704) 547-7444, Special room rate with code *B2GC*

For more information please e-mail [email protected]

juststeff
on 4/15/08 12:37 am - Charlotte, NC

Success: After Weight Loss Surgery

Friday, May 2:

4:30 – 5:30PM               Check-In and On-Site Registration

5:30 – 6:30PM               Participant Meet & Greet                      

6:30 – 8:00PM               Dinner – Timing, Expectations and the Art of Body Contouring

Speaker:  Peter J. Capizzi, MD, FACS

9:00PM                         Activities End – Personal Time

Saturday, May 3:

6:30 – 7:30AM              Group Exercise Session with Annie Lee

8:00AM                        Breakfast – (on your own, protein samples available at general session)

9:00AM                        General Session – Calories In vs. Calories Out – Putting Your Tool to Work

Speaker: David C. Voellinger, MD, FACS

10:00AM                      Break – Water/Stretch/Restroom

10:15AM                      Session 1 – Break Out Groups

Track A:  Consumption Assumption

Speaker:  Heather Mackie, MS, RD, LDN

Track B:  A Thyroid Problem Doesn’t Make You Pick-up Chocolate Cake

Speakers:  Lin Hanley, ACSW, LCSW and Cleo Caldwell, RN

Track C:  I Don’t Have 15 Minutes to Exercise - But I Do for the Drive-Thru!

Speaker:  Annie Lee, MS

11:30AM                      Lunch – Slide Show

1:00PM                         Session 2 – Break Out Groups for Track A, B, C

2:00PM                         Break – Water/Stretch/Restroom

2:15PM                         Session 3 – Break Out Groups for Track A, B, C

3:15PM                         Break – Water/Stretch/Restroom  

3:30PM                         Gender Specific Sessions – “It” Wasn’t an Issue Until I had Weight Loss Surgery

Speakers:  Kendra Kirby, MSW, P-LCSW and Jeff Lorence, MA, LPA

4:30PM                         Personal Time to Explore Charlotte, NC

6:30PM                         Dinner – Do You Have a “Fat” Personality?

Keynote Speaker:  Katie Jay – Director, National Association for WLS

9:00PM                         Activities End – Personal Time

Sunday, May 4:

6:30 – 7:30AM              Group Exercise Session with Annie Lee

8:00AM                        Breakfast – (on your own, protein samples available at general session)

9:00AM                        General Session Getting Back on the Wagon

Speaker:  David C. Voellinger, MD, FACS

9:45AM                        Break – Water/Stretch/Restroom

10:00AM                      General Session – The Role of Medical Management after Weight Loss Surgery

11:00AM                      General Session – What Did I Come With & What Will I Leave With?

12:00PM                       Wrap-Up/Evaluations/End of Conference

12:30PM                       Check-Out – Safe Travels

juststeff
on 4/15/08 12:38 am - Charlotte, NC

“Consumption Assumption”: This is going to be it! You’ve turned the page on your old ha*****apter and you’re headed in the right direction with your food choices… right?

Stinking thinking and quick trigger responses coming back into play? Did having one cookie turn into four? Just like before…

Have your food journal assessed by a nutritionist. Come learn new ways to fill your pouch, feel satisfied with healthy and wholesome calories.

Don’t let your “cheat treat” be your defeat ever again!

“A Thyroid Problem Doesn’t Make You Pick-up Chocolate Cake”: You had surgery because somewhere at sometime you realized your health was heading down hill fast, if it wasn’t sitting at the bottom already.

Weight came off, medicines were discontinued from your file, you’re having fewer and fewer office visits, and you feel great! You just KNEW it was that diabetes, thyroid, OSA that was keeping you obese…

So why is it so hard to get to goal? Why is weight creeping back on?

What could possibly be wrong now? Is it back to the doctor, or is time for a self-evaluation…

Come create your own file, what can you discontinue from your own life? What assisted those ailments in your battle with obesity; could it have been cheese crackers and rocky road ice cream?

Let’s find out together, those snacks and old emotions could be sitting in someone else’s pantry too…

“I Don’t Have an Extra 15 Minutes to Exercise – But I Do for the Drive-Thru!”: You don’t recall ever being told to exercise after surgery… Your doctor didn’t even make you have a fitness evaluation before you had your procedure!

Why do I have to learn how to implement proper fitness into my life? You never wanted to be a skinny-minny and you certainly don’t want to “bulk-up”…

Who has time to walk laps around the neighborhood with soccer practice- piano recitals- house ware parties and has anyone seen my spouse?

You may never learn to Love exercise, but you can learn what benefits it has for you mind and soul, not just your body! Get the fundamentals of exercise for bodies that are going through transformations.

Most Active