ROSE procedure scheduled NEXT TUES!!!!

milehigirl
on 3/23/09 6:58 am - Thornton, CO
Does anyone know of a doctor that does this procedure in Denver, Colorado?  I've been trying to research it but we have a hospital here called Rose Medical Center and every time this facility pops up!

If anyone knows of a doctor in Denver or a resource I'm able to use in order to find this information out I'd appreciate it!

-Jess
Elizabeth S.
on 9/25/10 4:47 am - Highlands Ranch, CO
Hi Jess - Have you found a doctor in Denver yet?  There is a Dr. Matthew Metz in Parker that is gearing up to do the operation soon.  I've already started the insurance required class/counseling program requirements and am very excited about Dr. Metz.  Give his office a call.

-Elizabeth
JMCJER
on 4/21/09 4:54 am

I do not know much about this Rose Procedure and I am trying to find out if there are any local doctors that are doing this procedure in my area.  I spoke with on office and they told me that they will not even try to get it authorized with my insurance.  They said in order for them to do the procedure it would be 10-11 thousand dollars.  If I had that kind of money I would be there tomorrow.  I am just wondering about this study alot of people are mentioning on here and if it is being done in my area!!  I would also like to hear from some people that have had the procedure and how it is going.  You can PM me. 

Thanks for all your hep!!  

JeannieBVA1
on 4/23/09 1:09 pm
I was suppose to have the ROSE procedure done last year and a week before my sugery I found out I was pregnant.  I was part of a study done here in VIrginia.

I'm SOOO Glad I did not have the procedure done.. I was in contact w/ a lot of people in the study (In different states also) and all of them that did it.... regret it.   The Dr. that is doing my band over RNY was the same Dr. that was going to do the ROSE procedure...

He told me that it was not even being offered by their practice any longer because the results were so poor.

Hope this helps,

Jeannie
jpscheffey
on 5/9/09 7:16 am - Clovis, CA
I have some questions about ROSE,  I just saw it advertised in a local paper here in Fresno, CA.  Does insurance cover the cost generally?  If not, what is the estimated price?  I had my bypass 2 years ago and lost 120 pounds but have put back on 10 instead of losing the last 20.  Thus, I should lose about 30 pounds.  I am quite fearful of gaining more weight.  I feel so hungry most of the time, so unlike how it was in the beginning.  Thanks for your help everyone!

Joan
dayjustyce
on 7/10/09 4:45 pm - Merced, CA
Hi! As of today I called Dr Swartz office and was told that they do the ROSE procedure but it is not covered by insurance as of yet since it is fairly new. I also asked them regarding Stomaphyx and they stated that they had tried that procedure on a few but the results weren't that great, but the ROSE had better results. Hope this helps.

Maribel
Tonya Graham
on 8/24/09 11:37 pm
Hi

I had the Rose procedure done on June 30, 2009 by Dr. Bass in Hollywood Florida and as of today am down 35lbs. The procedure is working for me and my Dr. did get my Aetna to fully cover the procedure. Dr.  Bass told me that I am the first person to get approved for the surgery for the ROSE procedure. I am doing the same thing that I did when I had the orginal RNY 13 years ago. I wish everyone that is trying to get the procedure luck and it does work.
Tonya Graham        
70down40togo
on 10/21/09 10:59 pm - holbrook, NY
I am looking into the Rose Procedure and have seen mostly bad outcomes. Im becoming discouraged. Can you tell me, are you still losing weight? Is it still working?
Teresa G.
on 8/19/12 11:35 am - Rancho Cordova, ca
I had my origional rny in 1999....I am 250 lb ...the lowest I ever got was 209 ....I was looking at your posts from 2009 can u tell me if the rose procedure actually worked...where r u today today....as of this post u were down 35 lbs teresa 916 342 1331 [email protected]
Teresa Gaitan
colemajw
on 6/16/09 3:52 am - Chesterfield, VA
Congratulations!!!!  I am a returning member to the website because I too am a gastric bypass patient that had weight gain.  I will keep you in my prayers.
Most Active