ROSE procedure scheduled NEXT TUES!!!!

patsy13215
on 4/15/08 1:19 pm - syracuse, NY
Thanks cheryl;Areyou planning on staying nearby after the procedure.?Are you staying overnight??How far are you from the hospital? Thanks patsy
Cheryl Gebbie
on 4/15/08 5:16 pm - Knoxville, TN
Actually I will be going home within a few hours of the surgery ..... and I live 3 hrs away.... my mom is going to drive dwn here from WV and then I will drive to KY ...nd she will drive me home afterward ... Cheryl
ivynine
on 4/16/08 1:54 pm

I will be having my procedure done on  the 30th of April. I hope. I go next week to see the dietation (sp).I'm doing this with my sister. My aunt had it last month and she is doing fine. Good luck to everyone.

Cheryl Gebbie
on 4/16/08 9:32 pm - Knoxville, TN
WHere are you having yours done at .... am having mine in 6 days
ivynine
on 4/17/08 12:10 am
I will be having it at Georgetown, KY. Congrats!!!
Cheryl Gebbie
on 4/17/08 12:36 am - Knoxville, TN
that is great .the people there are wonderful
(deactivated member)
on 4/17/08 11:36 pm
Hi congrats! I was in the clinical trials for the ROSE procedure but was bumped because BCBS of MA would not cover it... I appealed twice but no luck. I know that this is the right procedure for me and I am trying to find a way to get it done soon I don't want a regular revision surgery but that is all BCBS  of MA will cover... My endoscopy revealed a very lg. stoma and pouch, and that I was the perfect candidate for it.  Could you please share your experience? Thanks and wishing you renewed success!!! Lisa
catbert
on 4/18/08 12:41 am - MN
you may be eligible to receive thousands of dollars back in potential tax savings. Think of this as a discount on your procedure. IRS Publication 502 states you can deduct only your medical and dental expenses when they total more than 7.5 percent of your adjusted gross income (see p. 2 of publication 502). Medical expenses may include fees paid to doctors, payments for hospital services, prescription drug costs, physician co-pays and the cost of participating in a weight-loss program for a specific disease, including obesity.  Capital One Healthcare Finance has an interest free loan option as well.  If you end up doing it and paying for it, remember to save EVERYTHING - all receipts, track travel to and from places, parking expenses, copays, over the counter medications, etc. Capital One Healthcare Finance 1-877-559-5050 www.capitalone.com/healthcarefinance  The doctor said I was going to stay overnight, but the hospital folks I spoke with said I wasn't staying overnight.  Reading some of the responses on this website it doesn't appear that they stayed overnight either.  If that is the case my cost should be less than the $14k, since the doctor and coordinator I spoke with both said the $14k included the one hospital stay.  I'll fill you in more when I get back.
(deactivated member)
on 4/18/08 7:52 am
Wow thanks for all that info. I hadn't really looked at it that way... I wish you the very best! Where are you having it done?
patsy13215
on 4/18/08 8:38 am - syracuse, NY
hi lisa; sorry to hear about your predicament.I am going for my first consultation for the rose procedure on the 30th in Longbranch n.j. at monmouth med center. I was under the impression that your procedure should be covered under the clinical trial program. I was told that the nutritional part I would have to pay and maybe some preliminary consults,but that the study would cover the rose procedure totally.Are you in a different program than the UGI study?I hope it works out..patsy
Most Active