FREE Endoscopic Revision of RNY (R.O.S.E) in Monmouth NJ

littleguy
on 4/13/08 5:22 am
Heres an update on Monmouth Medical Center's (Long Branch New Jersey) ROSE program. The Rose procedure is a UNIQUE revisional procedure  for patients after RNY whose pouch and stoma have stretched out allowing weight gain. The gastric pouch and stoma are made smaller  with  true surgical plications under direct visualization done endoscopically through the mouth. These plications are shown to be long lasting versus the other endoscopic techniques (restore and stomaphyx). 6 patients  have been done so far. In follow up, the first 2 patients lost 15 and 30 lbs after 1 month. There have been No complications or post operative pain pain . all feel like they did after their initial bypass. Dr Gorcey and Dr Borao are principle investigators for the USGI Medical (the device company which makes the instruments for the procedure) Registry. This means that in exchange for collecting data to prove the procedure works, the device company pays the doctors and hospitals fees. therefore presently, anyone qualified for the registry (requires both a nutritional assessment and measurement endoscopy )gets the procedure done for FREE .  There are 20 to 50 registry slots still available. (insurance most likely will not cover revisions).  heres a link to the press release http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=109&STORY=/www/story/04-08-2008/0004788692&EDATE (or type incisionless surgery for gastric bypass in google) you can contact the program by going to incisionlesssurgery.com or call the Bariatric program at MMC 732-9236070 (debbie ) or 732-389-5004 and ask for dawn.
Cheryl Gebbie
on 4/14/08 3:24 am - Knoxville, TN
I am excited about this because i am scheduled for the Procedure next Wednesday ...hoping to get to my goal weight ....something I didnt accomplish with the original RNY..... that means I need to lose about 65 lbs ....Hope I can accompli**** this time .... and I beleive he may fix my hiatal hernia when he goes in .... Cheryl
DivaDee
on 4/18/08 8:02 pm - Kaneohe, Hi
yes plese keep us informed...that would be great!! I need to lose 65;bs too....never reached my goal weight
Most Active