gastric after lap band

skinnynmind
on 4/11/08 1:45 pm - Pensacola, FL
I was banded in aug 06, I still haven't lost what I would want. I go up and down 8lb  I have been for the last year. Yea I eat good and exercise..I don't know what's going on. I think my body is rebeling  :(  I have good restriction and I'm going back next week. I feel like I should have just had the gastric instead. I'm want to know those that had it done...do you regret anything? did you then lose your weight? and how much was it? like was it the same amount if I just went in like it was my first time getting anything??  Thanks in advance......
skinnynmind
on 4/11/08 1:52 pm - Pensacola, FL
just so you know I didn't mean I only had 8lbs to lose lol... I was 300lbs at time of surgery and now I'm 255 now ..I was 242 at one time and now I go up and down the 250-260 level.
Ms TJ P.
on 4/12/08 12:43 am - VA
I understand how you're feeling, I was banded in Mar. 06, and only lost about 35 lbs and since gain most of it back. If i could do it all over again I would have choose RNY, I regret getting this band and I'm in the process of trying to get insurance approval to get it done.
thresg
on 4/12/08 6:38 am - Wilder, VT
Hi I had a band in 06 also, I didn't lose as fast as I wanted to, but I did get with-in 10 lbs of goal. Then it slippled and I had to have it removed in Nov. I am having another one placed in a few weeks, it worked well and although it was slow wt loss it was for me a safer option than gastric bypass because of the malabsorption. But thats me. Even with all the problems I don't regret the band, and am comfortable having it replaced Gail
skinnynmind
on 4/13/08 7:42 am - Pensacola, FL
thank you gail for your input I appreciate it  :)
Hondurian Queen
on 4/12/08 10:23 pm - BOSTON, MA
I was banded in 06 also and went from 331 with it to 245 but due to some issues the band stop working with me and no I am having it removed and having the RNY done on 6/2/08 and cant wait the RNY was the surgery I originally wanted but I don not regret having the band  I believe it does work but its not for everyone and it is no longer for me good luck on your journey

skinnynmind
on 4/13/08 7:40 am - Pensacola, FL
are you havin to pay the same amount as if you were getting it for the first time? if you have ins..do you still know if it's the same amount
danielle S.
on 4/13/08 11:20 am
i was banded 8/17/07 and i have lost about 15 pounds .i wanted to do rny but my husband felt the this would be enough and didnt want me to risk more than i should.now ive had it after a year and a half of research and waiting {the process...}i  want to discuss with my doc ,getting rny .he did tell me in the beginning that i could always switch if the band didnt work out.i was 250 and i got down to 238{surgery day} for ins reasons to qualify for rny before i changed my mind to lap band,than with the band im about 220 to 225 so i dont feel the band is for me.what do you think?i really want to have the rny.
skinnynmind
on 4/13/08 1:09 pm - Pensacola, FL
So you've only had the band for 8 months? and only lost 15lbs? that is really weird...I've actually never heard that happening. Did you lose weight and then just gain it back? have you asked your doctor why you haven't lost much? I lost 24lbs with in the first 6 weeks. 50lbs within the first year. It's been one year and 8 months for me since I was banded, it's been up and down since then I never got past 260's but I can't get below 240's it seems.  I think for me I'd ask what am I doing that has only allowed me to lose 15lbs and ask the dr. I just find that odd.  The more I've read comments and other threads...I am just gonna talk to the dr see what he thinks. I have lost 7lbs in the last 2 weeks from taking in more protein and basically trying to stay carb free.  I am gonna tell him to just make me tight this week to where I was before last year when I was like i can't take it I was stuck everytime..but I'm gonna deal with it this time and just go liquids mostly. I gotta lose the weight :P
danielle S.
on 4/13/08 1:19 pm
thanks for replying.i didnt get restriction untill the last 2 fills since jan.10th and went from232 to 222ish .anything healthy gets painfully stuck and i throw up.i can only eat carbs,sugar stuff that goes down and the portion size really isnt different than before surgery only what i can eat has.
Most Active