My Revision Rocks!

JRinAZ
on 4/11/08 7:22 am - Layton, UT
Hi all you WLS Buds! I haven't been on this forum for a while.  Y'know how life gets rolling along and we shift gears and focus!  I was obsessed with revision info for so long that I was parked on the different chat sites night and day!  LOL!   I had a Revision on 12/26/07 from Priximal Rny to Extended Rny (common channel of 50 centimeters) so I'm a Half and Half = Half Rny (still have original pouch with nothing done to tweak it) and Half DS (very short common channel for max malabsorption). I won't give the long version here but I have an update on my profile if you're interested.  Some of you have been pm'ing me with questions so hopefully the update gives you the answers.  ....If not, then just shoot me a note. I'm currently below my goal weight, feeling some energy again and am stunned that single digit clothing sizes can actually be baggy on me!  Holy Cow!!!! I'm going through some freaky body dysmorphia stuff though cuz major paranoia hits me when the opposite gender starts checking me out!  What is that about!!!!  I want to shout at them that I am a Plump Grandma for Heaven's Sake!  LOL! Y'all keep pushing for  your Revisions and doing oodles of research!   If you're looking for a top dog in Revisions and want more than one option as an answer .....and want an experienced surgeon....and are able to travel to Phoenix then I HIGHLY recommend my doc!  .......Dr. Schlesinger totally rocks!  He even wears granola shoes without socks with his decked out suits!  Weigh 2 much fun!  You'll love him! O.K. sooooo I'm babbling!   Anyway..........I'm just happy to be me in AZ! Joyce 128 lbs  and below Goal!  (-42 lbs since Revision)
Angela M.
on 4/11/08 7:42 am - Vicksburg , MS
Revision on 06/24/10 with
Thank you so much for this post!  It is so nice to read the good stories about people who are satisfied with their revisions......

317/287/170

Cynthia Johnson
on 4/11/08 7:49 am
You go girl!! I am so excited for you and encouraged.  I plan on having Dr. Schlesinger do my revision surgery asap.  Got all my test done and will complete eval next week.  Will see my pcp for follow up labs and hopefully get the OK and medical necessity letter from her. I too will have the extended.  I'm looking forward to seeing you on next Sat at the support group till then all the best and keep it up!!. Cynthia
JRinAZ
on 4/11/08 1:16 pm - Layton, UT
Yahooooooooo Cynthia!  It sounds like it's coming together for you! I'll have to give a rain check for another support group with you!  I'll be "representing" North Valley Plastic Surgery at the AZ Womens Expo all day Sat and Sun (19th-20th)!!!!  Come on by and chat with me!  We'll be up near Rolf's stage (they do zillions of free makeovers).  There are oodles of amazing door prizes.  We'll have drawings goign on all day long valued at over $500.00!  FUN, FUN, stuff!  And....I'll admit to being a big dork cuz I can't wait to see Marie Osmond there on stage!  LOL! C U soon! Joyce
ginau
on 4/11/08 11:27 am - mesa, AZ
???? what are granola shoes ??
JRinAZ
on 4/11/08 1:21 pm - Layton, UT
Granola shoes are what some would call any of those types of shoes that are supposed to be good for one's feet, back, the ozone layer, the little owls in the forrest or some other "healthy' claim!    Dr. Schlesinger is just doing his part for mankind! 
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

ginau
on 4/11/08 2:24 pm - mesa, AZ
Next time I am in the office I will have to check and see if he is wearing them !!   Joyce  - you are too funny !  You better watch out - he will convert you into wearing them !!
(deactivated member)
on 4/11/08 10:46 pm
Joyce- Not only are you SOOO not a plump grandma, you are a smokin' HOT grandma!!!!  You go girl!!  Many congratulations on your success!!!!
Most Active