"shrinky dink" -Aetna NJ

Strawberry2
on 4/10/08 10:02 pm
ok fellow OH family members - I need help I need to get clearance from the ol' shrinky dinky - problem - the 5 dr I called that are on my plan - their visit is covered but all 5 said I have to pay 700.00 up front for an "evaluation" - any help finding on in NJ with Aetna - Jo
ginau
on 4/10/08 11:03 pm - mesa, AZ
Please call your surgeon and aks him/ her for a referral  to one , I was very Lucky  Dr Schlesinger's Co-ordinator  had a list  and I just went down line  calling , 2nd one called and  she verified I had benefits ,, was in to see her $60.  and she sends the eval out Monday.  I suggest you work with your Dr's office .. It will go much easier , Also you might want to check with a local low cost  health clinic. JO - please tell me you have your Surgeon already ??? did you get approval  from Ins ?? dont go spending lots of $$ if ins has nto sent you the letter yet!  
Strawberry2
on 4/12/08 6:13 am
I have my surgeon - he is my original one- haven't gotten approval since the req hasnt been made - his office wants to send the psch, nutrician, edg,ugi,pcp and his letter at one shot so that they don't deny for ane one of them
ginau
on 4/12/08 5:15 pm - mesa, AZ
Jo do they want a new mpip - the long test that took 3 hrs to compelete, or just a general  consult ? That made a huge diferance in the one I just had - I would try and go back to the original person that did it and see if they can give you the newer one ??  Just  sucks if you put out all that money,time , energy  and it gets denied.. How much more do you think you have to loose , and what reason are they using to get the approval?
(deactivated member)
on 4/12/08 8:43 am - , NJ
I have aetna and I went through a psych in my plan and only paid the required $15.00 copay.  That was 1 year ago this month.
Most Active