Help need advice on revisions. ASAP!!!

MaryTeresa
on 4/10/08 4:24 pm - Loveland, OH

Originally I had RNY but my stoma dialated and caused me to gain back alot of my weight. I was going to have Lap over RNY with Stoma fill to fix problem but after my EGD I found out I  dont have enough stomach to do that. I was concidering asking my Dr to concider DS but would like some input from those who have had experience with DS like does it work? What is the formula on food ratio? How long were you in hospital? Do you have hunger issues? Does the DS have a stoma or is it a different valve? Any info you provide will be helpful I meet with him on 04/16 to discuss options. Please help me I need to have a surgery ASAP and finding the one for me is driving me crazy I was approved for the surgery then found out I cant have it. So at least I know it is a possibility to get surgery with my insurence I just need to know what I am getting into.  If anyone else has any suggestions I am all ears! I need help and I need a revision ASAP b4 my insurence changes its mind.  This can be so frustrating. Mary Teresa

Angela M.
on 4/10/08 10:13 pm - Vicksburg , MS
Revision on 06/24/10 with
This site has a DS forum and it is pretty good.  The people on there who have had a DS are extremely educated on this procedure and there are quite a few who have revisions to the DS. Good luck!

317/287/170

Cynthia Johnson
on 4/11/08 12:34 am
Hi, look for the, previous post from Dr. Eric Schlesinger here.  He has provided alot of information on the different revision surgeries.  Not exactly sure when they start but go backwards from yesterday and you will find them.  Cynthia
catbert
on 4/14/08 1:00 am - MN
Have you thought about the ROSE procedure or the stomaphyx to make the pouch and stoma smaller?  Both of these proceduresare done through the mouth and much less evasive.
MaryTeresa
on 4/14/08 1:04 pm - Loveland, OH
There are no Dr's in my area that do Stomaphyx and the nearest Rose  Study is in Virginia. But thanks anyway.
Cheryl Gebbie
on 4/17/08 4:23 am - Knoxville, TN
They are doing the ROSE in Cincinatti OH
MaryTeresa
on 4/17/08 10:29 am - Loveland, OH
It is all filled
David Geller, MD
on 4/17/08 6:02 pm - Louisville, KY

Stomaphyx is performed at Ohio State University in Columbus, OH Look for Dr. Dean Mekami (sp?) David Geller, MD Bariatric Surgeons of Kentuckiana Medical Director Bariatric Surgery Program at Norton Suburban Hospital (502) 893-7151

David Geller, MD
Bariatric Surgeons of Kentuckiana
3999 Dutchmans Lane, 1E
Louisville, KY 40207
(502) 893-7151, fax 893-7020
[email protected]

(deactivated member)
on 4/17/08 5:37 am
Most Active